- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry’s technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That’s because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer’s experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future.
Mechatronics Manufacturing Engineering combines a diverse engineering background including mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and software engineering with hands-on vehicle product knowledge and applied project management. As a senior manufacturing engineer, you will bring your experience and enthusiasm to the team, take a lead role in developing and establishing effective processes and technologies, and help to grow knowledge within the team and the department.
In this position, you support the eMobility Group with expertise on vehicle electronics production testing systems, automation, vehicle assembly processes and electromechanical system troubleshooting. This is an emerging, exciting technology, and the right person will drive DTNA’s success by helping our engineering department, customers and network adopt the new vehicles into their operations.
You will work with a team to design, develop and deliver products that offer unmatched quality and features to our customers. You will collaborate with the team to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation. Focus will be on developing and maintaining systems central to programming, calibrating and validating the new electric vehicle components and vehicle systems in the vehicle manufacturing plants.
You will be involved in reviewing current state design and working with the team to define future state design, document, develop, test, and implement systems. You will also work to maintain up-to-date professional and technical knowledge, demonstrate flexibility, and exhibit excellent collaboration skills.
- Represent the team and manufacturing truck plants with applied project management skills working closely with the truck plants, application developers and contractors to coordinate projects to completion.
- Apply technology in testing, machine control systems, and automation into Daimler Trucks manufacturing processes.
- Design, develop, test, and evaluate systems across the complete software and hardware design/development spectrum.
- Identify production related design for manufacturing improvements ahead of implementation into the plants via concurrent engineering and the application of DFMA and ePoD (electronic Production Oriented Design) principles.
- Support resolution of manufacturing plant issues related to Electric Vehicle features.
- Analyze requirements and determine operational feasibility and design approach.
- Provide engineering expertise and guidance on the specification, procurement, acquisition and development of manufacturing assembly and vehicle validation systems to ensure compliance with all government and safety regulations.
- Troubleshoot assembly and testing systems to resolve problems at Daimler Truck plants as they occur.
- Evaluate current electromechanical assembly & calibration processes, layouts and labor requirements and assess capital investment plans for future production requirements.
- Help identify and implement new HV safety processes and procedures.
- Broaden your expertise outside of your immediate responsibilities and become an expert in eMobility topics.
- Travel required (≈20%).
When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks,
About the company
Daimler AG is one of the world’s most successful automotive companies. With its divisions Mercedes-Benz Cars, Daimler Trucks, Mercedes-Benz Vans, Daimler Buses and Daimler Financial Services, the Daimler Group is one of the biggest producers of premium cars and the world’s biggest manufacturer of commercial vehicles with a global reach. Daimler Financial Services provides financing, leasing, fleet management, insurance, financial investments, credit cards, and innovative mobility services.
The company’s founders, Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz, made history with the invention of the automobile in the year 1886. As a pioneer of automotive engineering, Daimler continues to shape the future of mobility today: The Group’s focus is on innovative and green technologies as well as on safe and superior automobiles that appeal to and fascinate. Daimler consequently invests in the development of alternative drive trains with the long-term goal of emission-free driving: from hybrid vehicles to electric vehicles powered by battery or fuel cell. Furthermore, the company follows a consistent path towards accident-free driving and intelligent connectivity all the way to autonomous driving. This is just one example of how Daimler willingly accepts the challenge of meeting its responsibility towards society and the environment.
The brand portfolio of Daimler comprises Mercedes-Benz, Mercedes-AMG, Mercedes-Maybach, Mercedes me, smart, EQ, Freightliner, Western Star, BharatBenz, Fuso, Setra, Thomas Built Buses as well as Mercedes-Benz Bank, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services, Daimler Truck Financial, moovel, car2go and mytaxi.