- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:Will cover the Central Valley, to include Fresno, Modesto, San Luis Obispo.
Responsible for ensuring that the assigned territory meets or exceeds sales objectives. Works with regional manager to identify and evaluate market opportunities and sales potential and to establish and achieve annual sales objectives in assigned territory. Coordinates activities with clinical consultants. Negotiates contracts with external customers. Keeps the company informed of market dynamics and competitive activity. Travel required 50-75%.
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Sells products by scheduling sales calls to meet with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
2. Develops and implements sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
3. Develops action plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly, monthly) by analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports identifying the needs of particular accounts and discussing issues with regional manager to help the organization achieve its sales goals.
4. Identifies key accounts, health care professionals, and business issues that have greatest effect on use of company products by meeting with existing and potential customers to identify their clinical needs, goals and constraints related to patient care.
5. Observes actual procedures in the labs and operating rooms of hospital accounts to gain insight into the characteristics and specific needs of each physician and each member of the lab staff.
6. Establishes pricing packages by working with relevant personnel to establish price points that address specific customer's needs while satisfying company guidelines and policies.
7. Develops relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
8. Strengthens customer relationships by performing sales support activities (e.g. internal and external customer training, VIP trips, orientations, launches, and updates).
9. Builds networks of contacts on behalf of company to stimulate interest in company’s products by attending and participating in trade shows, educational conferences, and seminars.
10. Educates external customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments.
11. Maintains clinical and technical expertise by attending company product training sessions.
12. Assesses trends in managed care, competitors, strategies, and new product development by monitoring internal (e.g. sales growth, product mix, and pricing trends) and external indicators (e.g. competitor's activities, technologies, web-sites, journals, and newsletters).
13. Prepares and submits reports to sales management by analyzing and compiling data, projections, and other relevant information.
Skills Experience Requirements; Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience, 2-5 years of related work experience, medical industry strongly preferred.
Preferred background would include prior experience selling in the medical device industry.
JOB FAMILY:Sales Force
LOCATION:United States of America : Remote
TRAVEL:Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.