- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
11a-7p with Call
Surgery can be very scary for a patient.
It's our job to make sure surgical areas are ready for use when needed.
Our Surg Techs ensure that the operating areas are sterile and clean while confirming all equipment needed works properly.
If you are a Certified Surgical Technician and want to start a new career with an amazing group of healthcare professionals, see below what it takes to join our team.
What you'll do:
* Prepares the operating room for surgical procedures by ensuring the equipment is functioning properly and safely
* Prepares the operating room and the sterile field for surgical procedures by preparing sterile supplies, instruments, and equipment using sterile technique
* Demonstrates knowledge of human anatomy and pathophysiology and how it relates to the patient and surgical procedure
* Anticipates usual and unexpected events during the surgical procedure and responds in an efficient manner
* Handles and processes surgical specimens according to established policy/procedure
* Serves as a preceptor in training and orientation of fellow staff members and students
Why you should choose us:
What sets us apart from other healthcare organizations? How much time do you have? In short, it all starts with our current employees.
They believe in living our mission to provide compassion to everyone.
We, in turn, believe that growing and supporting our people allows us to deliver a higher degree of quality care to our patients.
CHI advocates for all who live in the communities we serve, especially the most vulnerable.
Choose an organization who will champion your talents and nurture your career.
* Completion of an accredited Surgical Technology program
* Certification in Surgical Technology
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required
* Call response time of 30 minutes
* Requisition ID: 2019-R
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Evening Job
* Market: CHI Memorial