- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- RTP, NORTH CAROLINA, US
What You'll DoIn this critical role, you'll be part of the America's Global Deal Acceleration Team. The DAT Team is a crucial sales support enabler. The Business Development Manager acts as a Deal Accelerator and handles sales opportunities across the lead to order phase collaborating with key partners from Sales and Services Delivery.
The Solutions and Proposal Advisor collaborates with key partners (e.g. DAT, Deal Estimating Support, and Sales / BDM) during the Propose and Agree phases of the Sales Process, with the goal of bringing together all data needed to draft and refine initial estimates. The Scoping and Proposal Advisor is responsible for finalizing the scope and drafting the estimate.
- Identify information gaps (customer and project details) to prepare estimate
- Serve as technical liaison, coordinating with partners to bring together technical data and requirements
- Document assumptions and finalize scope
- Collaborate with Deal Accelerator, Sales / BDM and DAT Estimating Support (IDT, SIA, etc.) to produce and refine initial estimate
- Facilitate with the appropriate SMEs to scope multi-arch or complex deals
- Lead scoping for SOW development of deals to be delivered by Partners / Third Parties
Who You'll Work WithYou will be a core member of the Deal Acceleration Team and contribute to the continuous improvement of results and talent assessment of capacity, competency needs, and career progression. The Deal Accelerator will drive a cross functional governance process and ensure that the Deal Acceleration Team works collaboratively with Business Development, Sales and the Customer Relationship Teams to successfully execute business process.
This role will work closely with the Advanced Services Business Development and Transformation Office teams to drive the strategy and planning for global proposal management working towards delivery of significant increases in AS win rate, proposal quality, and customer experience scores.
Who You AreYou are great teammate with a track record of success in multi organization orchestration of business processes. You have prior experience using web driven pricing, forecasting and approval process tools and if not familiar with such tools, then the willingness and flair to ramp up will be required. You have shown leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to work cross functionally while being able to handle conflicting pressures and priorities.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Science
- 5 - 7 Years of Professional Experience
- Experience in Professional Services, Services Delivery or Business Operations
- Sales Support Experience preferred
- MBA/Master preferred
- Experience as a Network Consulting Engineer is preferred
- CCNA/CCNP or equivalent experience, CCIE a plus
- Knowledge of scoping requirements for Cisco’s Network & Datacenter Infrastructure
- Broad knowledge of Cisco’s architectures and Solutions
- Ability to translate customer business objectives into scoping requirements
- Cross functional collaboration
- Strong business communication
- Technical fluency across architectures of focus
- Proficiency with Financial Force or equivalent tools; scoping, estimating and pricing tools
- You understand when to bring in SMEs for multi-arch or complex deals
Why CiscoAt Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.