- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- FT WORTH US
Location: Integrated Operations Ctr (DFW-IOC0)
Additional Locations: None
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers.At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member ofthe Engineering Team within the Integrated Operations Division. This position will be responsible for Engineering support on various aircraft structure/system/interior/avionics.Develops and substantiates repairs and dispositions for discrepancies on transport category aircraft.Troubleshoots and resolves operational issues on transport category aircraft.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
- Keeps informed of day-to-day airline operations involving field of responsibility
- Assesses daily priorities in accordance with airline/departmental objectives and management directives
- Investigates aircraft/component problems which may cause aircraft delays or cancellations, substantial expenditures in manpower or materials, or interruptions in maintenance operations, and determines appropriate corrective actions
- Provides Engineering support as required for disposition of discrepant conditions affecting aircraft or components in order to restore serviceable status
- Responds to requests from Maintenance and other airline departments when technical assistance is required to support projects or resolve problems
- Develops action plans for fleet/multi-fleet and/or component engineering projects and pursues final dispositions according to assessed priorities
- Coordinates with other airline departments, as required, to provide for effective and efficient implementation of engineering dispositions
- Prepares Engineering documents to implement technical dispositions by providing customized procedures for repairs, modifications, inspections or other maintenance actions which provide benefits in accordance with airline/departmental objectives and management directives
About The Job (Continued)
- Maintains knowledge of current and pending regulations, which affect areas of responsibility and ensures that all Engineering actions maintain compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Utilizes available resources to continually increase levels of technical expertise and practical experience
- Also strives to improve communications skills, time management and other personal qualities pertinent to maximum effectiveness and efficiency in performing assigned duties
- Works irregular hours and shift schedules; may travel
- Coordinates with manufacturers and regulatory authorities, as required, and ensures that engineering dispositions are properly substantiated in accordance with applicable regulations and Company manuals
- Develops customized procedures and special criteria for repairs, modifications, inspections, servicing and other maintenance actions which are not adequately addressed in existing manuals
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related Engineering degree
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent analytical, technical writing, problem solving, communication, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined in their work ethics
- 3 years working history as an engineer with airframe/system or related experience
- Knowledge of CFRs, maintenance programs, SM, AMM, IPC, FIM and CMM
Additional Locations: None
About the company
Major United States-based airline, operating an extensive international and domestic network, and is the world's largest airline by fleet size and revenue, and the second-most by number of destinations, only after United Airlines. It operates from its main hub at Dallas/Fort Worth, and its hubs at Charlotte, Los Angeles, John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, Miami, O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Philadelphia, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C., while its primary maintenance base is at Tulsa International Airport. The company, which is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, also has a significant presence in Boston, London-Heathrow, New York-LaGuardia and San Francisco.
Together with regional partner American Eagle, we offer an average of nearly 6,700 flights daily to 350 destinations in 50 countries. We’re a founding member of the oneworld® alliance, whose members and members-elect offer nearly 14,250 flights daily to 1,000 destinations in 150 countries.
In 2016, American Airlines Group Inc. topped Fortune magazine’s list of best business turnarounds.
Founded in 1930, we’re now one of the largest airlines in the world. Throughout the years, American has created more than 900,000 jobs worldwide and supported close to 1,400 nonprofit organizations.
A talented and diverse team of professionals lead the way to success at American Airlines. Everyone's unique experiences and perspectives add value to how we approach and achieve our goals in this competitive industry.We want our employees to feel that American is a great place to work. Fostering a culture of respect and inclusion allows team members to achieve their full potential and that's key in helping restore American to the greatest airline in the world.Hear what chairman and CEO Doug Parker says about the importance of diversity at American.