- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology.
Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience.
From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms.
The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Comcast Identity Management team is looking for a strong full-stack Java developer to develop authentication, authorization, and identity management systems for Comcast residential and commercial customers.
The candidate will work alongside other team members to design and develop new functionality, as well as to support existing commitments.
Responsibilities: Design, develop, test, and support web-based Java applications and services to meet business and security requirements.
Follow best practice lifecycle methodologies including writing design documentation, performing code reviews, and implementing automated tests.
Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area, and at least 5 years of experience in the field.
Familiar with standard concepts, best practices, and procedures in the Computer Science and IT security fields.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
A strong sense of creativity and latitude is a plus.
Typically reports to a Senior Manager.
Core Qualifications (Required)
* Substantial experience in designing, building, testing, and deploying software solutions in an agile environment
* Experience building highly scalable, highly available full-stack Java applications
* Experience building and consuming Web services (both SOAP and REST-based)
* Solid understanding of the core Java platform, Spring Framework, Spring MVC, and Spring Web Flow (on a 1-10 scale: 8+)
* Knowledge of OSI model layers 3-7, IP routing, TCP traffic analysis, GSLBs/VIPs, web Servers & services (on a 1-10 scale: 6+)
* Understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) practices and preferred experience with JUnit, Cucumber, Gherkin, Jasmine, Karma, Selenium, and Sauce Labs (on a 1-10 scale: 7+)
* Experience with Unix/Linux and Shell Scripting (on a 1-10 scale: 6+)
* Experience with source code control and common branching techniques (on a 1-10 scale: 8+)
* Assistance and troubleshooting of performance issues and production support issues
* Knowledge of how to use HTTP traces to analyze web traffic (eg, HAR files)
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to have)
* Experience with OSS Google and Netflix components (eg, Guava, Archaius, CXF, Hystrix, Zuul)
* Experience with one or more data storage applications (eg, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Coherence, Couchbase, Redis)
* Experience deploying Java applications to a large cloud service provider is a plus (eg, AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
* Knowledge of identity management, authentication and authorization, including protocols such as: OAuth 1.0/2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML 2.0, and XACML 2.0/3.0
* Experience with build and configuration management tools is a plus (eg, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Rundeck, Chef)
* Experience with LDAP-based directories is a plus
* Experience with log analysis and reporting tools is a plus (eg, Splunk, CloudWatch, ELK stack, Tableau)
* Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) knowledge: understanding of public and private keys, secure tokens (eg, JWT)
* Cryptography: hashing, symmetric, and asymmetric encryption
* Certificate and key management best practices
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer