- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $63,073.00 - $100,916.00 gross per year
- New Port Richey
Salary Disclosure/General Description
Starting Salary: $63,073
Pay Grade: P44
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy & Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Planning & Development
Location: New Port Richey
General Description: Advanced Engineering work in the review of plans, designs, permitting, and specifications of subdivision, non-residential development projects. Works under supervision of a Professional Engineer as defined by Rule 61G15 of the Florida Administration Code if not a registered P.E. in the state of Florida.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an Emergency. During an Emergency employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
Essential Job Functions
Plans, organizes, and carries out the technical review, field, and administrative activities related to land development projects. Provides recommendations and assistance to both staff and the public in implementing development regulations and policies. Prepares reports of activities and research, and monitors regulations. Conducts field investigations; assists the public and staff both orally and in writing on matters relating to land development regulations and permitting. Reviews land development projects for conformance with ordinances and established engineering standards and practices. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of civil engineering, especially land development.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and techniques of sites, roads, subdivision, stormwater, drainage, and utility construction.
- Ability to prepare, read and interpret moderately complex engineering plans.
- Ability to prepare and submit clear and precise engineering and related reports orally and written.
- Ability to work with the public.
- Knowledge of rules, regulations and policies of land regulations, zoning and planning.
- Knowledge of Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) standards, specifications, and indexes.
- Public speaking experience and the ability to deal with the public, contractors, engineers, architects, property owners, FDOT, the Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD), County employees, and elected officials.
- Knowledge of SWFWMD rules preferred.
- Ability to review engineering computations.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, aerial photos and maps.
- Ability to compile data and statistics.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator and related equipment.
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering. Three (3) years of experience directly related to the field of engineering to which position assigned, or licensed as an Engineer Intern with a minimum of one (1) year of experience as an Engineer I working in the field of engineering to which position assigned.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid driver's license.Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Florida. Applicants that are not registered as a Professional Engineer may apply, but would be considered for a Technical Specialist II position at $51,890.00 - $83,024.00 Annually (D.O.Q.).
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida law.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter SSA-7, Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.