- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at American Express. Our technology engineers design and deliver American Express applications across the globe. To meet these demands we’re looking for problem solvers who drive results through precise analysis and programming methodologies, individuals with a strong intellectual curiosity and a passion for innovation – team players who can convert their ideas into execution. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products at a rapid pace, consider joining our team!
- Serving as a core member of an Engineering team that designs and develops software applications.
- Troubleshooting these applications.
- Writing code and unit tests, working on API’s, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing.
- Effectively interpreting Technical and Business objectives and challenges, and articulating sound solutions.
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- Understanding code deployment and implementation activities.
Why American Express?
There’s adifference between having a job and making a difference.
AmericanExpress has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources totake on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve alsomade a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture oflearning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need tosucceed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquernew challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community.And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right therewith them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future theyenvision.
Because webelieve that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Thepowerful backing of American Express.
Don’t makea difference without it.
- 2-5 years of experience with application design and development using Java.
- 2-5 years of expertise in objected oriented analysis and design.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, design, software development, testing, and implementation.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate orally and in writing with a broad constituency base (e.g., Business, Tech, etc.).
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Business/MIS, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of database structures and functioning, especially Oracle db, a plus.
- Experience developing with Python a plus.
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
Employment eligibility to work with American Expressin the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship forthese positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 21, 2019, 10:14:23 AM