- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Engineer Specialist/ Equipment Engineer(Job Number: HMA0001V5) Honda Mfg of Alabama, LLC Description pical Job Title –
Technical Ladder / Equipment Engineer
Minimum Job Relevant Knowledge
Demonstrated ability of electrical aptitude relating to manufacturing equipment maintenance, related equipment and tooling, with an understanding of the automotive welding process. The ideal candidate will have project management experience.
Prioritized Duties and Responsibilities
1. Respond to daily equipment trouble and assist in troubleshooting, evaluation and reporting.
2. Perform electrical analysis on equipment breakdowns.
3. Track costs associated with a project.
4. Control equipment drawings, asset lists, spare parts inventory listings and department specific specifications for equipment.
5. Develop detailed business plans for process investment and expense based on process stability/efficiency studies and track plan vs. actual for assigned projects.
6. Support equipment service associates with skill development and equipment improvement ideas and activity.
7. Support and supervise the installation of process equipment for modifications, upgrades, overhauls, expansions, and new model activity.
8. Support all department functions with technical understanding and know-how.
Daily Tasks Performed
Production Operation Confirmation Project Management – planning, scheduling, budgeting, drawing, layouts
Product Development (New Model) - planning, scheduling, budgeting, drawing, layouts
Problem / Root Cause Analysis
Equipment Utilization and Efficiency Studies
Technical Support Reporting
Minimum Job Relevant Experience (length of service)
1-2 yrs. of manufacturing experience, preferable with automated process equipment performing logic operations, electrical assembly, troubleshooting, and/or design.
Degree or certification required
AASEE / BSEE / BSEET or equivalent
Required Skills (Musts)
Extensive project management experience
Extensive PLC experience
Ability to analyze and determine root cause of complex manufacturing problems
Ability to lead multi discipline teams
Electrical aptitude and experience
Computer Software skills -CAD -MS Office (power point, excel)
Desired Skills and Abilities (Wants)
Flexibility and Adaptability
Planning and organization
Robot programming / teaching experience
Environment Associate will work in: Robot programming/teaching experience
Estimates Weekly Overtime: 5-10 hours / week
Frequency and Duration of Travel: 1-2 times per year
About the company
We are a company built on dreams. And these dreams inspire us to create innovative products that enhance human mobility and benefit society. We see "The Power of Dreams" as a way of thinking that guides us and inspires us to move forward. The strength of our company comes from this philosophy—based on the visionary principles of our founder, Soichiro Honda.