- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visitwww.eastman.com.
This position is accountable for the engineering functions at the plant and reports to the Plant Manager, Eastman – Linden, NJ. Primary Accountabilities include engineering and project management for plant projects. This position also provides assistance in support of the day-to-day operations and maintenance including covering operations as needed on a limited basis.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the plant’s project engineering activities including working with plant leadership to develop the plant’s annual project plan (capital and large expense projects)
- Responsibilities include management of project activities throughout the project cycle from conceptual design through on site field execution and closeout. This includes providing the business with capital estimates of appropriate accuracy to determine a go/no go decision in the feasibility phase, interface with project stakeholders to determine project scopes, develop an effective project definition and execution strategy that enable a high degree of confidence in the project scope, budget, and schedule.
- Responsibilities include tracking and oversight of capital projects to insure project deliverables are achieved on time and on budget. Ability to recognize, understand problems and opportunities as they arise and develop solutions to keep projects on track to address these problems
- Duties include management of internal and external outsourced engineering resources, interfacing with permitting authorities, organizing internal activities (such as safety reviews, HAZOPs, etc.) and development and maintenance of punch lists and project schedules utilizing Microsoft Project
- Responsibilities include qualification of vendors for material or service purchases and working with Supply Management to secure and evaluate competitive bids.
- Responsibilities include project construction management including but not limited to oversight of resources and activities. This includes managing pre-construction planning activities and working with contractors to develop job safety analyses for their tasks and providing safety training to contractors working on the facility.
- Ensure projects are executed taking into account all Federal, State, and Local regulations and appropriate engineering codes and standards and following Eastman engineering standards where appropriate.
- Provide technical support to operating and maintenance departments to support plant operations.
- Assist in the installation, check out, and start-up of new or modified processes and equipment.
- Deliver complete project documentation at project closeout.
- Interface with Corporate Engineering in Kingsport, TN and attend relevant engineering meetings within the company or at outside conferences.
Operations and Maintenance support responsibilities:
- Provide occasional coverage for manufacturing operations
- Support plant maintenance activities and provide oversight and coordination of repairs with vendors and contractors as needed
- Assist in the management and planning of maintenance tasks and development and use of plant maintenance planning softwar
- Bachelor's Degreein Mechanical or ChemicalEngineeringor higher from an accredited institution is required for this role
- Minimum 5 years overseeing capital project management and construction in a chemical or chemical –related industry
- PMP certification desired but not required
- Maintenance experience desired but not required
- Demonstrated leadership and success in a high-performance culture
- Prior experience supervising operations and/or maintenance desired but not required
- Experience in Capital Planning and Project Management and Construction Management with a proven track record of delivering projects on schedule, on budget, and on scope.
- Formal Training and demonstrated abilities in organized safety studies such as HAZOP, Root Cause Failure Analysis methodology, and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Knowledge of engineering, safety, environmental standards relevant to capital project management and construction
- Capable of developing technical and manufacturing equipment specifications and detailed discipline specific work scopes.
- Capable of developing complicated work scope, schedule, and budget and consistently deliver to it.
- Capable of preparing or marking up key project documentation such as PFDs, P&IDs, equipment lists, instrument lists, valve lists, and process control flow sheets.
- Good organizational and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to solicit input and support of others at various levels in the organization and develop strategic and tactical plans
- Good planning, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.