- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Long Beach
Force is reimagining the way patients recover from injury and surgery. We are partnered with leading health systems across the United States to deliver prescriptive plans of care to their patients, measure multiple clinical data points and provide actionable insights into care and recovery. We have a direct and immediate feedback loop to our end users (patients and providers) and pride ourselves in being agile and responsive.
What you’ll be doing:
Our ideal engineering manager has a background and knowledge of functioning as an individual technical contributor working with web and mobile technologies. As a manager, you’ll work with engineers to make good technical decisions and support the career growth and development of the team. We’re looking for someone who loves writing code but also wants to be involved in high level strategic decision making. You should be comfortable managing a wide range of responsibilities.
Our engineering team is currently composed of different engineering disciplines: frontend, backend, and native mobile engineering, and security. Our ideal candidate has experience developing web-based SaaS applications. As a leader, you’ll contribute to the team’s overall effectiveness, turn blockers into opportunities, and improve team workflows.
- Guide the technical direction and priorities of a team while ensuring the delivery of high quality, scalable and heavily tested software
- Engineering core skills (data structures & algorithms, scalable architecture, coding, formal test techniques, etc.)
- Grow, educate, mentor, hire, and retain a high-performing team with high delivery cadence in an agile environment
- Build a culture of engineering excellence with a focus on performance, scalability, privacy, and security
- Collaborate, design & ship new features in an innovative, iterative and experiment-driven mindset
- You'll lead in scaling our highly performant, mission critical platform that helps patients and doctors everyday.
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships across engineering, QA, product, design, and other internal teams in order to partner and create a meaningful vision and roadmap for the team
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA and SOC2 and applicable accessibility standards.
- Strong architectural, design and development skills and ability to produce logical and workflow design and architectural diagrams
- Experience with software project management (Agile best practices)
- Experience implementing engineering best practices: CI/CD, feature flags, version control systems
- Experience with backend development: Python/Django (or similar framework)
- Experience with operations and infrastructure automation: Docker, Jenkins, Disaster Recovery
- Experience with AWS services (EC2, RDS)
- Former use of backlog management and bug tracking tools
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of professional coding, 2+ management experience
- Team player with strong communication skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
About the company