- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Gabriel
Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visitwww.eastman.com.
This position is responsible for the organization, coordination and implementation of site engineering programs which increase profitability while complying with 100% safety, environmental and health performance. Reports to site manager.
- Lead a team of engineers and designers and is responsible for managing their development and performance
- Improve the level of engineering expertise and enhance motivation and commitment of employees in the engineering department to provide a competitive advantage and be prepared to face new challenges
- Implement the mission, strategy and objectives of Eastman in the engineering department
- Establish, control, lead and guide the implementation of an investment budget to improve profitability and comply with internal and external responsible care standards and guidelines
- Report on the activities and achievements of the engineering department to enable verification of compliance with Eastman’s strategy and objectives
- Structure engineering guidelines and project management procedures
- Comply with 100% safety, environment and health performance
- Coordinate engineering activities in order to improve project life cycle cost
- Manage the site capital investment programs to ensure distributed workload, development of appropriate project scopes and timely execution and closure
- Proactively provide troubleshooting and process optimization support to plant operations
- Support site mechanical integrity and reliability programs
- Mentor co-workers and less experienced engineers
- Maintain proficiency and provide technical guidance on use of advanced engineering software tools (i.e., ASPEN+)
COMPETENCIES, KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong personal accountability and leadership skills
- Strong background in computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience using ASPEN+ process simulator helpful, but not required
- Experience with DCS programming helpful, but not required
- High level of ownership in making an impact on plant performance and profitability
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong written, listening and verbal communication skills
- Be a team player in a team environment
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated
- Must be willing to respond to call outs and have flexibility to work extended hours during weekdays (including weekends and holidays if needed)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required with Chemical Engineering preferred. An engineering degree in another discipline with related experience is also acceptable.
- Minimum 15+ years’ experience in petrochemical industry in either engineering or operations with minimum 3 years leadership/supervisory experience
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.