- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbnb is the world's largest marketplace for space, and we keep getting bigger every day. With over 100M nights booked per year and counting, we're constantly tackling challenges in search algorithms, payments, fraud prevention, and growth — all while maintaining a beautiful user experience.As we grow, we’re looking to add a highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Engineering Manager to lead engineering efforts on our newly formed Support Products, Data Platform team.
What is Support Products?
The Support Products (SuP) team ensures that the people using Airbnb are well taken care of when they need help. Our goal is to get people’s problems solved as quickly and satisfactorily as possible, whether via self-solve, or by routing you to the best possible agent and giving that agent the tools to resolve your issue. When something goes wrong, a fast and fair resolution can determine whether you’ll choose to book with Airbnb again. Being efficient here is not only good for customers, it helps to make our business profitable.
What is the SuP Customer Platform team?
The SuP Customer Platform team focuses on the customer-facing elements. This includes the Help Center (www.airbnb.com/help), where users find articles and workflows for various situations. It also includes the Resolution Center (www.airbnb.com/resolutions), which is more specifically designed for money-exchange scenarios (e.g. claims for damages). Our features ship on web, iOS, and Android. We run experiments frequently and focus on metrics to gauge customer satisfaction and cost.
The team is growing quickly, expecting to go from 10 to 20+ engineers this year. We’re looking for a second manager to oversee certain feature areas including: the help center, platform/tooling for other teams to leverage, and our ML/prediction efforts.
- 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- 6+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- Experience working with web applications and utilizing engineering best practices that enable modern technology organizations to scale to 1000’s of engineers.
- Worked successfully with cross-functional partners including Product Managers, Data Scientists, Designers, and Content Writers in setting strategy and executing on it.
- Proven track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams.
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering.
- Proficiency with any of the following is considered a plus: react, redux, java, ruby on rails, kubernetes, SQL.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
The Support Products team is growing in Airbnb’s Portland and Seattle offices. The Customer Platform team is based in Seattle.