- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
THINK Surgical, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets the only active robotic surgical systems for orthopedic surgery. The systems include two components: a 3D workstation for preoperative planning, and a computer assisted tool utilized for cavity and surface preparation for hip and knee replacement surgeries. The systems have been used in thousands of joint replacements worldwide.
The Engineering Test Technician will support the tooling group that is responsible for creating the instruments that are used on the robot. The primary focus of this position is performing the V&V protocols on surgical instruments. In addition, parts of the protocols include procuring and preparing porcine/bovine bones to be used during some verifications.
No Travelling required. Position is based at our Corporate Headquarters in Fremont, CA.
- Run duty validation testing for Sleeve, Motors, Cables and other instruments
- Analyze and assess perform of test protocols and tabulates results on a surgical robotic platform under the supervision of engineers
- Follow technical procedures and document results
- Procure and prepare porcine, bovine bones for surgical procedures
- Generates protocols for testing and analyzing new and current products
- Perform cleaning and autoclaving of various medical device accessories used with robotic surgery assistant as testing dictates
- Applies knowledge of regulatory processes to ensure compliance with existing test procedures and to drive procedural improvements
- Provides data to support the creation of test reports and status information to engineers
- Creates and processes DCO’s, PV/TR’s and TS’s
- Performs minor updates to drawing files in Solidworks in support of engineering
- Associates degree in technology or related field
- At least 1-year experience in the medical industry
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with GMP, ISO 13485 and ISO 9001
- Comfortable working in surgical environment
- O.R. experience and knowledge of sterile vs. nonsterile
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Attendance and punctuality are essential function of the position
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and applicable Quality System Standards
THINK offers a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the advancement potential of an entrepreneurial company. We provide a competitive compensation package that includes comprehensive benefits, a company-matched 401k plan, and more. We strive to build the strongest and brightest teams in the industry. If you would like to work on tomorrow’s leading orthopedic solutions today, we would love to hear from you.
THINK is an equal opportunity employer that hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disabilities, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
- iso 9001