- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visitwww.eastman.com.
The Enterprise IT Architect role at Eastman works at the highest systems level to provide expert advice to client management and IT project teams for systems of the most complex nature. Expertise and thought leadership in the field of Information Technology is required to proactively anticipate needs and formulate potential IT solutions using existing or emerging technologies. He/she develops the strategy for project execution. By the nature of the systems addressed, this role has global impact.
The Enterprise IT Architect’s counsel is consistently requested by functional leadership teams during strategy planning and execution. As such, he/she must be skilled at communicating complex ideas, addressing potential concerns, and presenting a compelling value prop associated with a proposed course of action.
- Identify emerging technical capabilities needed to enhance business solutions enterprise
- Scope Devise strategy to implement IT solutions which meet business requirements
- Study information technology trends and assess their impact on Eastman
- Develop strategies and roadmaps for required IT capabilities
- Lead implementation of key IT Architecture projects with notable risk and complexity
- Develop standards and best practices for use by the IT Organization
- Provide oversight for technical design of IT projects
- Design and define solutions in support of IT architecture and client strategy
- Serve as a mentor to development teams to identify and execute solutions which are in alignment with Eastman corporate architecture framework
- Evaluate long term impact that technology and business process change may have on IT services
- Identify opportunities to overcome business challenges and propose new solutions
- Assess the implications of IT offering from external service providers on Eastman corporate landscape
- Research external software solutions to identify potential benefit to Eastman
- Actively interact with other IT architects to identify common needs and capabilities
- Acts as “technical evangelist” to lead corporate change management
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
- IT Technical Expert in various fields (Cloud, Mobility, SAP, Data Science, App Dev)
- Business process analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to convey ideas in written form and the capability to share those ideas verbally in a clear, concise manner
- Stellar collaboration and relational skills; enthusiastic about working with other skilled professionals on project teams toward common goals
- The ability to guide, accept and promote change
- Self-directed, organized
- Willing to learn business practices with ability to balance technological solution against cost and justification
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in IT or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of experience required and up to 15 dependent uponarea of expertise (Cloud, Mobility, SAP, Data Science, Application Development)
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.