- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Enterprise Information Security Business Leader
Operations & Technology
The Enterprise Information Security Business Leader will be a lead contributor to the NBC Universal Information Security organization, responsible for executing and contributing to the information security strategy and maintaining operational engagement with key Enterprise leaders.
The Information Security Business Leader will assess business information security practices and, in coordination with technical security groups, provide recommendations on the implementation of security controls, technologies and supporting workflows consistent with the NBC Universal information security strategy. Additionally, executing the Enterprise information security program with accountability for delivery and measurement consistent with organizational objectives and standards.
A successful candidate is expected to understand and articulate business operational processes and risks while leveraging existing internal and external business and technology resources to provide program and project related insight. Clear and concise oral and written communication are required.
Communicate and coordinate NBC Universal’s Enterprise security strategy and programs with diverse group of both technical and business stakeholders
Advise and lead the execution of a comprehensive information security risk-based program for NBC Universal’s Enterprise teams
Track and coordinate Enterprise Security involvement in technical and business driven technology projects
Coordinate and advocate business programs’ security needs with security architects, engineers and analysts
Provide insight and seek support from the NBC Universal Information Security function to inform and align Enterprise shared services
Support information security organization leadership in the identification and communication of relevant information security-related issues, risks and events, including leading operational engagement and supporting metrics for measuring information security maturity
Keep abreast of information security trends, with an ability to articulate security related themes and principles in to business terms
Drive the delivery of information security plans, implementations and leading practice controls
Lead business engaged risk exercises to identify and measure risk posture and provide recommendations on mitigation strategies
Actively engage and support security incident response team in resolution and close of investigations of incidents with ownership of post mortem and remediation plans
Support the development of business-relevant metrics and key performance indicators to measure information security program maturity
• Strong communication (verbal and written) skills and the ability to effectively translate both technical and business needs to diverse audience
• Minimum 5-7 years combined work experience in Information Technology (Security desired but not required)
• Minimum 2 managing, coordinating, tracking projects using various PM tools
• Minimum 2 years in customer facing technical engagement roles, including service and solution delivery.
• Ability to travel up to 10% of time, as needed, including overnight stays
• Ability to communicate effectively to business and technical teams
• Well organized thought leader with passion for a fast-paced, challenging environment
• Ability to work independently and in a high cross functional team (both remotely and in-person)
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal, analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills with high EQ
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Demonstrated negotiation and problem resolution skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate to all levels of an organization
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.