- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
United States of America - Texas, Austin
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry Level Geologist for employment in the Austin, TX office. AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM's social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and on-line programs.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Builds analytic and design skills.
- Conducts engineering design under the supervision of an
- Creates designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working drawings under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Collects and analyzes data under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Uses computer software as a tool for solving basic engineering problems.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule under supervision.
- B.S. in geology, environmental engineering, or related scientific discipline.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to write/prepare technical documents, and the ability convey thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions, and the confidence to ask questions to grasp objectives.
- Ability to take instruction, operate within a team network, and work independently without direct supervision
- Ability to work proficiently with MS Office products and organize data clearly.
- Successful candidates will be self-motivated and able to balance work schedule.
- Valid driver license required, and must be able to safely drive to job sites.
- Field experience.
- Knowledge of environmental data collection, investigation, and data entry skills.
- Experience reading and interpreting environmental regulations.
- Proficiency in using pumps, field instruments, and mechanical skills are beneficial
- Basic knowledge of soil and groundwater remedial techniques
- Experience acquiring and manipulating spatial data and knowledge of GIS data and collection. GIS coursework preferred
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 228658BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- social media