- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This professional staff position leads and supports compliance with local, state, and federal environmental regulations, permits and approvals. The position will be responsible for: assessing compliance in assigned environmental media and continue to develop in all media; conducting root cause analysis for environmental events; reporting environmental performance; coordinating and notifying emergency release and annual emissions reporting to appropriate agencies; managing and maintaining assigned federal and state Environmental permits and approvals; preparing training and compliance procedures; reviewing and critiquing the work of other Environmental Staff for accuracy and completeness.
The position will require interfacing with Operations, Maintenance, Technical Services, Project Engineering, other refinery department personnel and contractors, and exposure to regulatory agencies and the public.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering preferred. Other Engineering and related technical degrees will be considered.
- Engineering-in-Training (EIT), preferred. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Zero to three years of relevant industry and environmental experience desired, preferably in a refinery.
- Basic understanding of refinery unit operations, required with experience.
- Mechanically aptitude, with strong mathematical, reasoning, and problem solving skill required.
- Ability to read P&ID's and PFD's.
- Fluent in English.
- Technical writing and presentation skills required.
- Must be able to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated competency of interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to regularly climb, stand, reach and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally alter work schedule to meet changing requirements.
- Intermediate to high level computer skills (Word processing, graphics, spreadsheet) required
- Desire to work in a team environment either as lead or active member MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage time and resources to achieve deadlines; ability to prioritize tasks.
- Track refinery environmental performance day to day as environmental compliance engineer for refinery in assigned media. Assist refinery personnel to avoid deviations. Alert refinery personnel of deviations.
- Participate in Root Cause analysis of deviations. Prepare Reports to regulatory agencies regarding deviations. Present data to refinery Management to avoid future deviations.
- Identify exceedances and determine cause.
- Participate in Regulator Reviews
- Assist in developing routine environmental reports, including Title V semi-annual reports and Annual Compliance Certification, Discharge Monitoring Reports, annual MACT reports, Tier II, Air Emissions Inventory, Quarterly RCRA reports and others.
- Attend training, seminars, etc. to improve knowledge and skills.
- Other duties as time permits or assigned:
- Develop, propose and upon approval implement practices, policies and procedures to support corporate and facility Environmental programs.
- Collect and analyze data to develop conclusions and make recommendations regarding Environmental policies, rules, and regulations.
- Conduct internal audits and field verification inspections for all Environmental policies, rules, and regulations.
- Manage assigned projects for compliance, scope, schedule, and budget.
- Provide Peer Review of the reports of other team members.
- Coordinate and/or take lead as assigned for Environmental programs.
- Regularly communicate with supervisor work progress, questions and concerns
- Manage consultants for permitting, compliance assistance and other projects
- Maintain and /or improve skills through training and education. EXPECTED RESULTS
- Adhere to and promote Corporate Mission and Values.
- Execution of accurate, effective, timely and fully compliant Environmental policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Extensive interaction with Operations to ensure compliance with Environmental policies, rules, regulations and permits.
- Thorough analyses to determine if recommendations from Management, Operations, Maintenance, peers, and others are valid.
- Timely dissemination of information with complete documentation to expedite critical resolutions.
- Customer satisfaction for both quality and quantity of service.
- Excellent communication with peers, project team members and customers.
- Efficient and effective completion of duties.
- Adherence to all federal, state, county and municipal Environmental regulations.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. The Company will not sponsor immigration or work visas.
CVR Energy is an EEO and affirmative action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply.
About the company