- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff EOP&S/CARE part-time adjunct positions for the 2018-2019 academic year.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide academic, career and personal counseling to students who are disadvantaged as defined by state guidelines.
- The assignment may include counseling at the Delano Center.
- Interpret assessment results and assist students in preparing educational plans and mutual responsibility contracts specifying what programs and services are provided and what students are expected to accomplish.
- Conduct EOP&S/CARE orientations.
- Assess needs, recommend success strategies and monitor student progress for adherence to EOP&S/CARE standards.
- Assist EOP&S/CARE outreach recruitment activities.
- Assist students with registration for priority enrollment. Education and Experience Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s in counseling, clinical psychology, rehabilitation counseling, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, human behavior, human services, career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling.
- Three years experience in education OR
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
(NOTE: A license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is an alternative qualification for this discipline, pursuant to title 5, section 53410.1) AND
- Two (2) years of occupations experience in work relating to ethnic minorities or persons handicapped by language, social or academic disadvantages AND
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities. Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in diverse ethnic and socioeconomic environment.
- Experience in planning, overseeing, and implementing group workshops and conferences.
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the College mission, vision, and values.
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills motivations, and academic goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and service to students. Salary Grade Special Instructions to Applicants
About the company