- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs a variety of patient care duties and selected tests/procedures. Maintains a safe, clean, and organized environment for patients; maintains supplies and equipment in department.
• Performs duties within scope of certification, using safe and aseptic techniques, and in accordance with policies and procedures of the department, the Medical Center and regulatory requirements.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: Standing, walking, stooping/bending, twisting body, seeing, hearing, speaking, lifting maximum weight of 40 pounds, pushing/pulling maximum 30 pounds of force, carrying maximum weight of 20 pounds, forward and overhead reaching, grasping, handling.
• Occasional: sitting, kneeling, climbing, squatting/crouching, lifting maximum weight of 50 pounds, pushing/pulling maximum weight of 50 pounds of force, carrying maximum weight of 30 pounds, fingering.
• Operates hospital equipment such as wheelchair, gurneys, IVAC, various monitors; other hospital and office equipment.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• May be exposed to blood products, body fluids, and communicable diseases.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English, both verbally and in writing.
• Graduate of a Nurse Aide training program; EMT certification; MICT or military medical corpsman with active duty experience; or, nursing student having completed two (2) semesters of clinical training in an acute medical surgical setting.
• Current BLS/HCP CPR certification.
• One (1) year experience as an emergency room technician, nursing assistant, EMT/MICT, medical corpsman in an acute care hospital or, nursing student having completed two (2) semesters of clinical training in an acute medical surgical setting.
• Emergency room experience preferred.
About the company