- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Assist in gathering, calculating and compiling data for use in bid proposal estimates for one or more disciplines
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Adhere to the Company’s Safety Policy, Substance Abuse Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity and Sexual Harassment Policy, and the Company Manual.
- Calculate various statistical data – quantity take-offs, material price lists etc.
- Participate in developing project update and bid package estimate documents
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures.
- Assist in the monitoring of conceptual estimates with actual cost data.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings; bid strategy and presentations meetings as requested.
- Perform additional duties per supervisor’s discretion.
Reports to Senior Estimator or to Chief Estimator. May work with other estimators when preparing a bid.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
Estimator must posses a 4-year Bachelors degree in a construction related field or equivalent combinations of technical training and experience. The estimator averages between 0 to 2 years of construction estimating experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems.
Ability to work and communicate effectively with others.
Corna Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.
Corna Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
About the company