- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Santa Rosa
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 103,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 160 countries we serve.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Ethics & Compliance Manager within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics Toxicology business located at Santa Rosa, CA. In this role, you will provide direct oversight for moderately complex elements of Abbott's compliance program on site. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for the ongoing development and implementation of the OEC education, training, and divisional monitoring. Will also identify compliance risk areas and recommend action plans to the Director.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry-leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides essential information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
· Partners with all levels of essential site personnel to provide moderately complex OEC and divisional policy interpretation and requirements, compliance risk assessment, trend analysis and best practice recommendations
· Conducts moderately complex policy and procedure reviews and updates related to OEC policy and divisional/affiliate procedures ensuring clarity, applicability, and compliance
· Develops, delivers and updates OEC’s comprehensive training program on moderately complex OEC and divisional/site policies and procedures and Abbott's Code of Business Conduct
· Develops, implements, and modifies divisional monitoring plan to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
· Assists Director on compliance audits, evaluating and responding to all moderately complex preliminary findings and recommendations, guides the business in preparing corrective action to address moderately complex findings and recommendations and ensures timely completion
· Assists Director in leading and participating in compliance review meetings with business management and provides input on compliance violation process. Oversees the tracking and trending and proposes recommendations for corrective actions.
· Provides guidance on proposed commercial programs, identifies moderately complex legal and regulatory issues, analyzes alternatives and works with Director, as appropriate, to offer solutions to the business
· Additionally, the Ethics & Compliance Manager serves as the site Privacy Steward and works with site’s senior management as part of the management team and corporate Privacy Officer to establish entity-wide compliance with HIPAA
· Oversees, directs, delivers, or ensures delivery of initial and ongoing privacy training and orientation to all employees, contractors, business associates, and other appropriate third parties
· Performs initial and periodic information privacy risk assessments and conducts related ongoing monitoring activities, including performing or assisting in the performance of HIPAA Audit and guides the business in preparing corrective action
· Work with management, Legal, and Privacy Officer to develop a program and mechanisms to track access to protected health information and availability and retention of appropriate privacy legal forms and documentation
· Cooperates with the Office of Civil Rights, other applicable organizations, and business personnel in any compliance reviews, investigations, and efforts to protect patient rights to inspect, amend, and restrict access to protected health information when appropriate
· Accountable to Director and senior site management and Privacy Officer
· Assigned matters/business units have a moderate impact on Abbott’s compliance program
· Operates independently within clear expectations, checking in as necessary with supervisor(s)
· BA/BS required
· Minimum of 8 years’ experience with, or exposure to, business functions such as compliance, legal, regulatory affairs, government affairs, and finance
· Experience developing and implementing monitoring programs
· CPA, Masters, JD, or equivalent work experience preferred
· Audit Experience
· Regulatory Experience – Any US Government Regulated Industry (FDA, Hospitals, Medicare, Medicaid, Any industry with direct patient care)
· Experience with Medicare/Medicaid, Joint Commission or state credentialing compliance strongly preferred
Ethics & Compliance
OEC Office of Ethics and Compliance
United States California : Remote
Yes, 20 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.