- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Bachelors in science , engineering or equivalent
Project Proposal and planning :
• Provide inputs to the test manager on the effort estimation based on the understanding of the requirement if required.
• For small modules/ project.
• Participate in the client meeting to understand the requirement.
• Design KT plan (that includes KT scope, schedule, and deliverables like reverse KT document) and share the same with the customer.
• Provide status to the customer/ stakeholder on the KT session.
• Seek review inputs on reverse KT document from the Test Manager and customers.
• Provide training to the associates as a part of reverse KT.
• Upload customer details, application and testing artifacts.
• Create ROM (rough order magnitude) estimation to understand feasibility of the requirement.
• Support the Test Manager in performing high level impact analysis.
Test Requirements Study:
• For small modules/ project.
• Coordinate with BA at client side / refer the requirement document to understand the scope of requirements.
• Clarify doubts/ queries raised by offshore team regarding the clients' requirements.
• If required, seek clarification from the client on the same.
• Create ambiguity document (or clarification document) to track any clarification.
• Review testable requirements to ensure the test coverage.
• Identify gaps in the requirements and take actions to close the same.
• If requested, identify and document the test data requirement for the complicated projects.
• Review test data, screen flow documents etc Evaluate and identify various tools to aid test execution based on the understanding of the requirement.
• Identify test data source and tools to extract and validate the data generation.
• Guide team on data masking rule and tools, particular fields.
• Create the test strategy (that includes release date, type of testing, scope of the project, detail explanation of particular release, risk, critical defects).
• Seek review inputs from the Test Manager.
• Create test plans (covering scope, risk, responsibility, timelines, resource (Man /Machine), deployment, exit/entry criteria etc).
• Identify the skill sets required and resources for the project.
• Review/Create detailed estimate based on the scope and understanding of requirements.
For the small size projects:
• Create test data plan and test automation plan capturing the test data, volume/ data type.
• Seek review inputs from the Test Manager on the same.
• Conduct the POC to automate the process based on the requirements identified by the Test Manager.
Test Design :
• Identify the complex test scenarios based on the understanding of systems, interfaces and application.
• Review the test scenarios identified by the Sr Test Analyst.
• Seek review from the onsite team on the test scenarios.
• Review the test cases and traceability matrix to ensure total coverage of requirements.
• Seek signoff from the client /onsite team on test scenarios and test cases.
• Based on the changes in the requirement, identify regression scenario and the impacted areas on need basis.
• Create a plan to capture the details on activities and tools.
• Provide technical guidance to the team in execution of regression scenario.
• Oversee the test data required for the testing activity.
Only If required:
• Identify the test data based on the analysis of the requirements.
• Identify the test data requirements to ensure test coverage and share the same with the Sr Test Analyst.
• Seek approval from the stakeholders on the same.
• Provide technical and process guidance t o the team on the test coverage and test managements.
Test Execution/Functional Testing :
• Perform sanity testing to ensure system readiness for testing.
• Validate readiness of the test environment for test execution.
• Seek sign off from the client on the same.
• Perform System test Execution.
• Track the downtime and report the same to the client.
• Review the test results and clarify doubts/query raised by team during execution.
• Review the defects logged by team and assign it to the right owner.
• Monitor various builds delivered by the development team.
• Participate in defect triage meetings with onsite team and customer BA on periodic basis for defect prioritization and fix.
• Only for onsite
About the company
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 221,700 employees as of December 31, 2015, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.