- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
The Virtualization Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Participates in the selection, planning, and implementation of End User Virtualization technologies.
- Engineer will play key roles in the identification and resolution of complex end user computing problems (Tier 4 support) utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
- Work in a DevOps environment and participate in end user computing / workplace technology solutions design, engineering, optimization as well as contribute to the overall direction of the technology responsible for software, hardware, and resource decisions.
- Collaborate with internal Engineering teams, vendors and external IT groups to design and implement Global solutions to meet both global and local in country business requirements based on Domestic Reference Architecture.
- Designing and providing 4th level support for key technologies such as Microsoft Windows 10, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, iVanti DesktopNow, Nexthink, SCCM, PowerShell, VMware.
- Develop Packaging standards using install shield, App-V, AppDNA.
- Develop QA standards for packaged software to ensure deployments meet standards.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 2 + years in a related field, preferably in professional services and/or industry
- 2+ years of experience working in a Desktop or Virtualization Engineering and Architecture capacity with Microsoft server and end user operating systems.
- 2+ years of experience working in an Administrative capacity (installation, configuration and troubleshooting) with end-user virtualization technologies and end-user operating systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred experience with deployment tools like SCCM and BladeLogic.
- Customer Service Orientation and strong teamwork
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related discipline)
- Certification in Windows or Citrix products
- Strong Collaboration, problem solving analytical and documentation skills.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.