- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Washington, D.C.
Evening Operations Coordinator - School of Continuing Studies
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Evening Operations Coordinator provides critical customer service as well as support for facilities management, security, and guest services coordination at the Level 1 reception desk of the School of Continuing Studies (SCS) downtown DC Campus during the evening shift. S/he provides evening reception duties and requires excellent customer service skills to be provided to staff, students, faculty and visitors at SCS during the high volume evening shift. The incumbent will greet and check in visitors, provide direction, and answer questions regarding SCS operations and class schedules, as well as work closely with evening security and provide operational support to the Evening Operations Manager as needed. Working closely with the Events team and the Daytime Facilities Coordinator to ensure support and transparent transitions for internal and external events, the Evening Operations Coordinator has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
Front Desk Reception
- Provide high level customer service to all SCS stakeholders during the evening shift (approximately 2 - 10:30pm , Monday through Friday).
- Ensure students, faculty, and staff are adhering to the GoCard access policies during the evening hours.
- Coordinate closely with SCS security staff on evening security issues and provide emergency response efforts with SCS security staff and building security staff.
- Direct visitors as needed for meetings with SCS staff.
- Troubleshoot operational issues during the evening shift and report all operational issues to Associate Dean, Building Engineers and Security, coordinating with building engineers on resolving facilities issues.
- Manage physical equipment needs for offices, cubicle work stations, classrooms, common area and furniture storage.
- Make recommendations for repairs and purchases to make improvement to the facility.
- Assist in special requests related to facilities.
External Events Coordination
- Assist in setting space and coordination for External Events during the evening hours.
- Coordinate all internal communication needs relevant to external events in SCS space.
- Coordinate execution of external events and minimize conflicts with ongoing SCS programs and events; troubleshoot any issues as they arise.
- Ensure appropriate break-down of event, clean-up afterwards.
- Provide administrative support of Evening Operations Manager during evening shift.
- Provide administrative support of Operations Team and school-wide operations and logistics during the evening shift.
- Manage Xerox machines, mail distribution, and complete administrative tasks during the evening hours.
- Troubleshoot any problems that arise with Evening Operations Manager and security team during the evening shift.
- Log all issues during evening shift and communicate any urgent issues to the Director of Operations.
- Provide daily report on all issues during evening shift and provide adequate and appropriate follow up.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of administrative experience preferred - higher education experience a plus
- Strong organizational and communications skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Collaborative approach and a team orientation
- Positive attitude and creative thinking
- Strong customer service experience
- Basic knowledge of maintenance/facilities is desired
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Downtown-Campus/Evening-Operations-Coordinator---School-of-Continuing-Studies_JR08104
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency