- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Colorado Springs
DescriptionTheEvent Production Professional provides event-related services for eventsscheduled through the University Center and Event Services (UCES). These services include operating andsupporting use of audiovisual equipment, coordinating setup and striking offurniture and audiovisual equipment for events, supervision of Event Productionstudent staff, and assisting the Program Manager for Event Production withother related tasks.
- Provideon-site technical expertise, support, and service for the many lectures,meetings, banquets, public announcements, conferences, and performances thattake place across campus in various venues.
- Performtroubleshooting to resolve audiovisual-related issues before, during, and afterevents.
- Updatemaintenance schedules and perform maintenance on audiovisual equipment.
- Workwith clients and Event Coordinators to design and implement audio and videosolutions for events and obtain event technical requirements well in advance ofevents.
- Hire,train, supervise, and evaluate performance of student staff.
- Overseesscheduling and appropriate staffing for event setups and strikes.
- Managemobile and static UCES-supported furniture inventory and ensure all eventtables and chairs, as well as other pieces of furniture, are accounted for andstored in the proper locations.
- Coordinateall use, maintenance, and training related to Event Services vehicles.
- Participateson various UCES department work teams and represents UCES on campus widecommittees.
- Mustbe able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds and perform physical work involving general tasks including hauling,lifting, and moving equipment.
- Otherduties as assigned.
- Knowledgeof implementation, support, setup, and troubleshooting all types ofaudiovisual, computer, and other event support related equipment. This includes video projectors, audio systemsincluding multi-channel digital mixing consoles, wireless and wiredmicrophones, etc.
- Knowledgeof computer operating systems for PC and Mac computers and presentationsoftware such as PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Excellentcustomer service and interpersonal capacity with strong written and oralcommunication skills.
- Candemonstrate patience and focus in stressful situations.
- Abilityto work successfully with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population.
- Abilityto work in a fast-paced environment, organize time effectively, and prioritizemultiple tasks at once.
- Abilityto act independently and exercise appropriate and ethical judgement.
- Effectiveanalytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ableto work evenings and weekends as needed.
Thisposition has been determined to be eligible for overtime (non-exempt) under theFair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Salary Range: $35,621 - $38,000
TheUniversity of Colorado Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs,including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
TheUniversity of Colorado Colorado Springs is committed to providing a safe andproductive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving thisgoal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants beingconsidered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal historyrecord check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle historycheck.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited university in any field. Appropriate experience will substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- One (1) year experience in audiovisual design, setup, operation, support, and troubleshooting.
- Current and valid driver’s license without restrictions.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in audiovisual design, setup, operation, support, and troubleshooting.
- Experience working in a university student-focused environment.
- Experience with student supervision.
Job Category: Hospitality
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Posting Date: Nov 7, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing