- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Our Exciting Work Environment This position is located at TD Garden, which is owned and operated by Delaware North, and located in Boston, MA. As New England's largest sports and entertainment arena, TD Garden is the home of the storied NHL's Boston Bruins and NBA's Boston Celtics franchises and hosts over 3.5 million people a year at its world-renowned concerts, sporting events, family shows, wrestling, and ice shows. Please visit www.tdgarden.com to learn more.
The Opportunity The Hospitality Event Sales Manager sells and markets TD Garden as a venue for corporate, social and special events and is responsible for account management, business development, and sales prospecting to generate business and develop relationships for arena dark days and large corporate groups for Bruins and Celtics events.
- Primarily responsible for selling corporate events.
- Responsible for selling and servicing social events (secondary markets).
- Negotiate and execute contracts for all private events.
- Prepare proposals and estimates for clients on a regular basis and in a timely manner.
- Handle high volume of inbound inquiries via TD Garden website, inquiry line and events email.
- Host site tours of the property for prospective clients.
- Conduct weekly outside sales appointments.
- Entertain customers and prospective clients at games, events, both on and off property.
- Liaise with TD Garden Hospitality Event Manager and Catering Managers (Food and Beverage) to ensure that all booking information is clearly communicated and transitioned professionally and efficiently.
- Build and maintain working relationships with internal and external partners and leverage these relationships to deliver innovative and memorable events.
- Maintain well-organized event records/booking reports/forecasts.
- Attend industry networking events regularly to represent TD Garden events, build relationships and drive business.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years experience in hospitality sales
- Must have prior work experience within fast-paced, unstructured and frequently changing environment. Industry experience within the hospitality or event industry is highly desired.
- Nights, Weekends and occasional business travel required including weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an outgoing and sales-focused personality.
- Confident and assertive with an ability to effectively influence others.
- High-energy and creative individual.
- Motivated and driven by closing business and customer feedback.
- Works well under pressure, able to multi task with strong organizational skills.
- Strong level of intensity and commitment to providing a high level of customer service.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Proficient in SalesForce or other CRM took, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Who We AreTake your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
- customer service