- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Cedar Rapids
TheEnvironmental Services Tech(Housekeeper) is an integral member of the Intermountain team. They provide a comfortable and safe healing environment for our patients by performing comprehensive housekeeping tasks that ensure clean, sanitary and attractive facilities. They follow standard procedures in the safe disposal of infectious waste and trash and safely use cleaning chemicals in accordance with Joint Commission and OSHA standards. They use supplies appropriately and effectively and report problems with equipment and with the facility in an appropriate and timely manner.The Environmental Services Tech(Housekeeper) has the opportunity to make a difference in the patients’ lives every day through their courteous and efficient service. They clean and disinfect assigned areas using department cleaning procedures.
Please Watch this Video below to learn more about the Environmental Service Tech position with Intermountain Healthcare:
Click on EVS Video or copy and paste into address bar
- Entry Rate: $13.45 + depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes (Clickhereto check out our benefits!)
- Shift Details: may include rotating weekends and assigned holidays.
- Department: Environmental Services
- Additional Details :This position works 3PM to 11:30PM and 6PM to 2:30AM. Perks
- Discounted Transit / Commuter pass (for those participating facilities)
- 24/7 on-site gym access for many facilities (about $5 per month)
- 401(k) with matching up to 4%
- Over 302,000 discount offers across 10,000 cities on everything from pizza, the zoo, movie tickets, car rentals, and hotels
- Education Assistance(must be benefits eligible)
CNA Scholarships and Tuition Assistance Available for select certifications (Must be benefits eligible + employed by Intermountain Healthcare for 90 days)
Call800-283-4550Option 2, or visithttps://www.gwcu.org/CNAScholarship Intermountain Healthcare now uses a video interviewing program to help review and screen candidates. If you are moved onto the next steps of the application process, you may get an email or text with an invitation and instructions on how to complete your video interview. Please make sure to check your spam folder as sometimes these emails can get lost.
Essential Job Duties
- Cleans and disinfects assigned areas using department cleaning procedures.
- Uses cleaning chemicals properly according to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- Understands procedures and properly disposes of infectious waste and trash.
- Handles and cleans up emergency spills per department guidelines as well as to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- Operates and maintains assigned equipment according to established procedures.
- Maintains work and storage areas following established policy and procedures to ensure safety.
- Uses supplies appropriately and effectively.
- Reports problems with equipment and facility in an appropriate and timely manner. Minimum Requirements
- Demonstrated communication skills to include reading color coded labels and chemicals as well as following written and verbal directions.
- Availability to work a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the department. Physical Requirements
- Carrying, Lifting, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking Preferred Qualifications
- Professional housekeeping experience
About the company