- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Chicago Heights
South Suburban Low Cost Veterinary Servicesis looking to add an excited Exam Room Assistant to their growing treatment team!
The purpose of the Exam Room Assistant is to educate clients regarding veterinary care procedures and protocols as well as assist veterinarians with the patient care and treatment. This role also ensures that complete and accurate care of outpatients is maintained. The room assistant contributes significantly to the client/patient flow throughout the hospital.
- Greet clients and escort them and their pets into an exam room
- Follow established procedures in order to assist veterinarians
- with examinations and facilitate the flow of clients and patients
- through the hospital
- Back up the CSR team, check clients in, charge clients out,
- answer the phone calls
- Anticipate and prepare any medications or vaccines the doctor
- will need to treat the patient
- Review treatment plans with clients
- Ensure all procedures rendered during the visit are documented
- for proper billing
- Clean and stock exam rooms
- Demonstrate warmth, courtesy, and professionalism in all
- interactions with clients
- Demonstrate to owners how to properly administer medications
- at home or perform other home care procedures
- Educate clients regarding preventive medicine, vaccination
- requirements, the importance of pre-anesthetic/wellness
- screening, fecals, urinalysis, heartworm checks, FeLV testing, etc.
- Promote the practiceâ€™s products, programs, and services by
- making suggestions to clients about products appropriate for
- their petâ€™s condition as well as giving clients handouts and
- educational materials to take home to further their
- understanding of veterinary issues.South Suburban Low Cost Veterinary Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, South Suburban Low Cost Veterinary Servicescomplies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by JazzHR
About the company