- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Provide a variety of secretarial and administrative support to Vice President, Global Chief Procurement Officer and assist in completing and/or coordinating activities related to assigned special projects to ensure department objectives are achieved. Serve as a resource for the assigned department or unit, answering questions and providing general program information or follow up as needed. Maintain departmental paperwork, files, logs, and reports, and assist in creating or researching pertinent information for the manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain team member’s appointment calendar; arrange hotel accommodations, travelling schedules and visa applications; expense claims, co-ordinate telephone calls, set up and maintain filing systems, update contacts listing. Other administrative duties such as ensuring that invoices/bills are accurate; proper coding and forwarding of invoices to accounts payable. Compile data if necessary for reports to include creating spreadsheets or databases for maintaining and reporting management/project information.
- Complete and/or coordinate activities related to assigned special projects; assist in establishing project timetables, action steps and status updates; follow-up, as appropriate, to ensure timely execution to meet established deadlines.
- Research and compile a variety of moderately complex data to include creating spreadsheets or databases for maintaining and reporting management information; may require some analysis of data.
- Prepare a variety of departmental reports and/or presentations, gathering, and summarizing information from various sources as requested; may create and format reports and presentation materials utilizing various spreadsheet graphics, and/or statistical software as needed.
- Monitor and report variances to departmental budgets or track departmental spend information to help maintain operating controls.
- Answer inquiries related to daily activities/programs of work area, and act as a liaison between assigned work area and internal or external contacts to convey appropriate information. Respond to and/or resolve
- Provide solid administrative support to CPO in leading a Global function; international coordination experience essential
- Coordinate and manage virtual events and meetings, scheduling these across multiple time zones
- Confident to manage and support all aspects of Global Leadership meetings, in person, on behalf of the CPO in region and internationally
What we need from you
Strong technology skills: experience working with Cisco video conference systems, online collaboration tools i.e. WebEx, Microsoft Teams and Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word), SAP Ariba, Peoplesoft and Workday
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Detail oriented.
- Good problem-solving skills. Detail oriented.
- Strong organizational and work coordinating skills to handle multiple assignments and projects.
High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
At least 5 years previous secretarial/admin experience at executive level (3 years as Personal Assistant).
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- ms project