- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- San Jose
What You'll Do
You will support the Vice President of Supply Chain. You will be extremely proactive with a professional and approachable demeanor in all interactions; possess exceptional communication skills with all levels of staff, executives, customers, vendors; and sound judgment. Responsibilities include:
• Calendar Management: Managing VP's calendar and daily schedule to include prioritizing conflicting meeting requests, tracking action items and commitments of executive and following-up to ensure completion. This will require exceptional organization skills, juggling multiple priorities and keeping a busy executive on track and on schedule.
• Event Speaking Engagement Coordination: Managing a running list of customer and external engagements, working closely with communications team to ensure appropriate content needs are understood and set in motion so the SVP is prepared for each engagement.
• Meeting Planning and organizations: Assisting VP in planning and organizing meetings by taking responsibility for assembling the agenda, location, technology requirements based on participant needs, and all other meeting logistics. Coordinate meeting briefing documents for customer engagements. Occasionally, taking and disseminating notes and post-meeting action item list.
• Travel and Expense Management: Arranging and managing complex international travel by the VP. This requires knowledge of cultural factors and incorporating perspectives from leaders and teams visiting. This work includes arranging all of the travel, including coordinating logistics, team events, and customer/team meetings.
• Correspondence/Approvals: Supports VP by acting as a proxy for communications and approvals, as/when authorized. Answers general questions as necessary, filters and directs routine matters to appropriate parties, and follows up to ensure proper disposition. Takes initiative to resolve problems within specified policies and guidelines. Provides support and mentorship to administrative community members on problem-solving, and team tasks/events. Helps determine when executive action is required, and supplying a recommendation where appropriate.
• Special Projects: Providing analytical support to assist executive on special projects. Researching issues, analyzing problems, compiling data and preparing information when/where asked and capable.
• Confidentiality: Candidate will always deal professionally with highly sensitive and confidential matters and materials. Building and demonstrating real trust with teams and across the administrative community is critical.
• Mentor new Executive Administrative Assistants and other administrators. Provides leadership to a dynamic and global EA network/community.
Critical behaviors for this role:
• Self-motivated and proactive around the needs of the VP and the Organization.
• Work with limited direction, and willing to lead when necessary/appropriate to the team.
• Operate successfully with ambiguity
• Build trust, and exercise tact, and be an outstanding representative of the team in all situations
• Have a practical knowledge of Cisco’s policies, practices and procedures
• Challenge ‘the way we’ve always done it’ and provide more innovative way of doing things
• Able to exercise critical and independent judgment to manage VP’s calendar and time
• Organized and efficient with their own time, and able to think creatively and calmly when it comes to quick and unplanned changes in schedule
• Earn administrative community respect and have the ability to work with and through others as needed
Who You'll Work With
Global Planning & Fulfillment is a truly global team of professionals that leads all aspects of product and revenue planning across Cisco. The team is about 150 people in over 10 locations around the world. We are all connected and committed to providing the very best products for our customers globally. We are part of Cisco’s Supply Chain Operations team, and part of the perennially top 10 ranked global Supply Chain team around the world.
Who You Are
You have high-energy with a passion for thinking bigger and broader than the role itself. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, independent judgment, utmost professionalism and ability to balance both strategic and tactical actions.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
● EA or equivalent experience; 4+ years’
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.