- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- CALIFORNIA US
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Dean (Administrative Analyst Specialist-Non-Exempt), College of Education - Academic Affairs
Location: San Diego Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 7121
OverviewSan Diego State University is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of historically underrepresented groups.
Initial review of applications will begin on Friday, November 22, 2019. To receive full consideration, apply by Thursday, November 21, 2019. The position will remain open until filled. The online application should be completed in detail. Completion of the online application is required for consideration; a resume alone will not suffice.
For more information on San Diego State University, please click here.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.cms.sdsu.edu/psp/HSDPRDF_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;Position InformationThis is a full-time (1.0 time-base), benefits eligible, permanent (probationary) position. This position is designated non-exempt under FLSA and is eligible for overtime compensation. Standard SDSU work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but may vary based on operational needs.
Performs central and critical role in the College using extensive knowledge of the university and its auxiliaries to support objectives of the Dean. This position is expected to work at a high level of autonomy, judgment, discretion, and independent analysis in carrying out duties. Requires contact with diverse internal and external parties on behalf of the Dean and College. Provides direct, confidential support to the Dean.
- Supports College organizational planning. Works closely with Dean and the College leadership team, to articulate, communicate, document, and implement the Dean’s vision. Follows up with stakeholders on College matters on behalf of the Dean to provide guidance and facilitate prompt action.
- Under the general direction of the Dean, provides support for Dean on matters related to faculty, staff, and student personnel policies and maintains confidentiality.
- Manages the Dean's calendar, including simultaneous priority requests for meetings; Schedules meetings involving multiple calendars at college and university level.
- Researches and gathers information to prepare, create, compose and distribute: documents, correspondence, emails, reports, invitations, college-wide messages, announcements, and mailings for the Dean’s signature and/or on the Dean’s behalf.
- Serves as liaison to outside agencies and internal campus offices. Handles inquiries on behalf of the Dean from media, governmental officials, college donors, and national, state, and local campus agencies, and students.
- Coordinates faculty search processes for the College, working with Dean and Senior Associate Dean to coordinate College-level administrative and faculty recruitment.
- Plans, coordinates, schedules, and executes meetings and events for the Dean’s Office and College. Researches and negotiates contracts for venues, catering, and event services. Works with campus administration to support University initiatives.
- Schedules, facilitates, attends and records monthly Department Chair meetings.
- Coordinates and processes expense paperwork related to Dean’s travel, hosting, events, and other purchases and expenditures. Manages Dean’s visitors, phones, and correspondence. Works with Dean’s Office staff to support the general running of the office, including front desk coverage.
For more information regarding the College of Education, please click here.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.cms.sdsu.edu/psp/HSDPRDF_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;Compensation and BenefitsStarting salary upon appointment not expected to exceed $5,000 per month. CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,288 - $6,347 per month. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
San Diego State University offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation. For more information regarding SDSU benefits, please click here.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.cms.sdsu.edu/psp/HSDPRDF_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$2','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$2');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;QualificationsMinimum Qualifications
Entry to this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
Preferred Qualifications and Specialized Skills
- Experience working in a higher education or public sector setting.
- Experience working with diverse student populations in a university setting.
- Experience working as an executive assistant
- Experience working in an academic department.
- Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas.
- Ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations.
- Ability to use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects.
- Ability to know when to consult the dean and when to executive tasks proactively and independently.
- Expertise in using office software packages, technology, and systems including Microsoft Office Suite
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.cms.sdsu.edu/psp/HSDPRDF_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$3','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$3');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;Application ProceduresTo apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button. If you need assistance completing your application, please click here.
Applicants with disabilities requiring assistance may call (619) 594-1663.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
San Diego State University is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions (e.g., H-1B visa). Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke free campus. For more information, please click here.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.cms.sdsu.edu/psp/HSDPRDF_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$4','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$4');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;