- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Jose
What you will Do We are looking for a highly motivated, highly organized, super-skilled executive assistant! In this role, you will support the organization's VP of Chief of Staff (CoS).
The main responsibilities of this EA will be:
- Undertake all administrative requirements understanding the responsibilities and motivations of the organizations goals and objectives in order to complete tasks on their behalf
- Use discretion in handling details of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
- Escalate issues to the VP when appropriate
- Prepare sensitive information for use in discussions and meetings within the organization and with outside individuals.
Job responsibilities / Office Operations:
- Act as the proxy for the VP ; sets tone of the office, maintains the VP’s image, and is able to speak on behalf of and represent them in multiple issues and subjects; exhibits superb discretion
- Manage a warm, welcoming office environment and keeps VP’s informed of organizational issues, potential concerns, and /or conflicts, etc.
- Heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives assistants, to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings
- Being able to shift and reprioritize with the constantly changing demands
- Arrange and coordinate business travel and adapt quickly to changes in travel plans and requirements
- Plan, coordinate, and execute all types of meetings and events
- Compose correspondence and reports
- Edits PowerPoint presentations as appropriate
- Help develop staff meeting minutes and keeps list of action items
- Researches and analyzes data within the context of a project, departmental needs, or company direction and makes recommendations for improvements
- Handles multiple tasks, switches priorities and focuses as needed
- Department initiatives and projects tracked including purchase order accruals, preparations and other confidential matters
- Manage the planning and forecasting of budgets (monitor expenses against budget, personal) and identify corrective actions
- Accurate and timely handling of expense reports
- Ensure that the VP is maintaining adequate visibility with key stakeholders
- Run periodic errands to purchase recognition gifts, arrange for events as needs, etc.
- Creates collaborative processes with other administrative personnel to optimize cross-unit functions
- Builds effective and inclusive relationships with personnel at a variety of levels
- Provides guidance to other employees regarding new methods, assignments or procedures
- Suggests relevant process improvements
- Exercises excellent judgment within areas of responsibility
Who You Will Work With You will be working within the Customer Experience Operations group collaborating with our excellent administrative team and stakeholders.
Who You Are Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Business or related experience
- Prior experience supporting Senior Level Executives with 7+years of prior experience.
Qualifications & Work Style:
- Experience supporting executives at high levels; ability to learn the VP and what is important to their success; understand the rhythm and maintains three steps ahead of the VP at all times
- Experience interacting with staff at all levels in a fast paced, high pressured environment, dedicated, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Exceedingly well organized and detailed oriented; enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an VP
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions, changing priorities, and remain flexible, continually improves administrative process for great efficiency
- Experience in project management dealing in multiple task, timelines, and deadlines
- Highly proficient analysis and problem-solving skills
- Expert level writing and verbal communications skills; strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent calendar management skills, including coordination of complex executive meeting; experience scheduling travel arrangements
- High level of trust, discretion, drive ownership
- Ability to synthesize information and create reports
- EA has "ear-to-the-ground" among staff and can sense morale issues if they arise
- Be a team-player, able to work on own initiative in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and honed organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, WebEx, TP and PowerPoint.
You are a standout colleague who is dedicated, cooperative, collaborative, flexible, identifies process improvement opportunities, loves to learn new skills and has a positive mindset. You model integrity, poise, high energy and a strong sense of urgency, acting as an extension of the leadership team. You seek dedicated and creative win/win alternatives for leader and key stakeholders constantly assessing changing
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.