- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Working as the Executive Chef, you will be responsible for overseeing kitchen operations while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment for the staff. You will prepare or direct the preparation of meals in accordance with corporate programs and guidelines. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial culinary professional.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: SUPERVISION:
- Plans regular and modified menus according to established guidelines.
- Follows standardized recipes, portioning and presentation standards. Completes and utilizes daily production worksheets and waste log sheets. Tastes completed meals to ensure quality.
- Trains kitchen staff in food preparation, safe handling, operation of equipment, food safety and sanitation based on Company and regulatory standards.
- Establishes and maintains cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage and work areas. Ensures that kitchen staff follows and completes schedules as assigned.
- Maintains inventory of food and non-food supplies to stay within established guidelines while assuring that necessary product is available when needed.
- Makes all decisions regarding utilization of leftover food products staying within Company guidelines for such products.
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures as evidenced through local health department and third-party audits.
- Visits patients on an assigned nursing unit or area and helps ensure that every patient is visited by a member of the management or professional team at least once during their hospital stay.
- Follows facility, department, and Company safety policies and procedures to include occurrence reporting.
- Participates and attends departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate. COMPETENCIES:
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Strong Leadership Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Time Management. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:
This position must provide management for all aspects of the Culinary Department.
- B.S. Degree in Culinary Arts, Food Services Technology/Management/or related field; or A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate is preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training.
- Extensive catering experience a plus.
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience – highly desirable.
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences.
- Hands-on chef experiences a must.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet.
- Must be willing to participate in patient satisfaction programs/activities.
- ServSafe certified – highly desirable.
About the company