- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection Job Description
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say, “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You will deliver a destination shopping experience by providing a safe and secure environment for our guests and mitigate shortage risks in order to drive sales.
ALL ABOUT ASSETS PROTECTION
AP teams' function to provide a safe and secure environment for our team members and guests and meet financial goals of shortage and profitability in a Target store. AP teams will do this by leading a physical security and safety culture and responding to crisis events, investigating and resolving theft, creating awareness and educating team members on operational shortage priorities. At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of an Assets Protection Executive Team Leader can provide you with the:
· Experience managing a safe and secure culture, including crisis response, a strong safety environment and crowd management planning, providing support to both guests and team members
· Experience in creating strategic AP strategies and goals and delivering results through your team
· Experience identifying strategic resolutions of external theft and fraud, and apprehending individuals attempting to cause a loss, in accordance with Target policy
· Experience managing the identification and resolution of internal investigations
· Skills in recruiting, selecting, and talent management of hourly team members and leaders
As an Executive Team Leader, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
· Drive total store sales and increase profitability by ensuring product is in stock and available to our guests.
· Manage, influence and validate a safe and secure culture by driving physical security and safety processes; lead store response and emergency crisis situations and create plans for in-store events.
· Educate store leaders and teams on emergency preparedness and physical security procedures.
· Identify shortage risks in key divisions and work with other leaders to develop tactics that will reduce shortage and drive profitable sales.
· Act as a key resource for company initiatives for AP team leaders in your district/market.
· Lead investigative and verbal de-escalation classroom trainings. Facilitate other trainings as needed for your AP team, store or district.
· Maintain all required training.
· Manage the identification and resolution of internal investigations. Complete internal interviews for your store and nearby stores at the discretion of your leader.
· Anticipate and identify theft and shortage trends in your store, and develop proactive strategies to prevent shortage and theft.
· Determine operational shortage priorities; educate and influence store teams on these priorities.
· Manage the prevention, identification and resolution of external theft incidents and investigations.
· Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs based on safe and secure and theft patterns (this includes early morning/overnight shifts, evening and weekends).
· Build partnerships to identify market trends and competition strategies; leverage guest insights and feedback to drive the business and be the destination of choice for our guests.
· Build a close partnership with Store Director.
· Develop, schedule and deploy resources based on safe and secure and theft trends.
· Plan, lead and follow-up on organizational and operational change.
· Establish a culture of accountability through clear expectations and performance management.
· Anticipate staffing needs, talent plan and recruit – both long and short term.
· Support the onboarding and development of AP Team Leaders in your district/market.
· Develop and coach your team to elevate the skills and expertise of the team.
· Communicate, influence and educate AP priorities (including shortage priorities) to your team, peers and store teams.
· Manage and model the safety culture in store by recognizing safe behaviors and identifying and resolving safety hazards and unsafe behaviors. Investigate injuries that occur to determine root cause and resolved through appropriate action plans and partnerships.
· Act as first responder for in-store incidents (e.g., security, weather, etc.).
· Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
· Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance. Lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way.
· As a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
· All other duties based