- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Oklahoma City
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
We are seeking an Experienced Communications Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK. As an Experienced Communications Specialist, you will add business value in support of Boeing’s Aircraft Modernization and Modification (AMM) Bombers portfolio, support AMM’s social and digital initiatives, and play an integral role in employee communications, engagement and culture.
Join our passionate and highly motivated AMM communications team that is excited to be a part of one of the fastest growing portfolios and sites in the company and is eager to tell the Boeing story.
The scope and breadth of this communications position is uniquely diverse. You will split your communications responsibilities between program, site, executive support, employee engagement, government operations, media relations, social media and community outreach.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Developing and implementing strategic integrated communications plans – including digital, social and traditional strategies – that support external and internal business objectives in the Bombers (B-1 and B-52) portfolio
- Leveraging digital storytelling to ignite connections with key audiences to distinguish Boeing to external and internal stakeholders
- Producing timely and compelling internal content that is employee-centric, innovative and values-based, and internalizes the Boeing vision among and boosts engagement with Boeing Oklahoma City’s 3,000+ employees
The selected candidate will be expected to have a strategic communications mindset, professionalism and business acumen. The selected candidate will:
- Prioritize business goals to develop and execute enterprise-wide and targeted communications plans within the context of an integrated marketing and communications approach
- Measure and analyze communication strategy and tactics to optimize effectiveness
- Provide communications consulting skills, including ability to coach and prepare executives and program managers for media engagements and public speaking
- Have top-notch organization skills, be a self-starter and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects at one time, while meeting tight deadlines
- Understand the effective elements of social media plans, media relations and internal employee communications
Being creative and thinking differently are key. The selected candidate will be expected to:
- Regularly contribute to the development of new practices, techniques and standards
- Have the ability and willingness to harness innovative resources to tell the Boeing story in new ways
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 1+ years’ experience developing and producing advertising assets (print, video, digital etc.)
- 1+ years’ experience working in digital or social media marketing at a large corporation, NGO, government agency, media or technology company or advertising agency
- 3+ years' experience developing and executing strategic communication plans and compelling multimedia products
- 3+ years’ experience collaborating with Senior level executives and/or project management and/or complex operations
- 3+ years’ experience working in journalism or media relations
- 3+ years’ experience in employee communications or a change management communications role, either in a corporate or creative agency setting
- 3+ years' experience leading or managing projects and/or teams
- 1+ years' experience cultivating and maintaining relationships with media contacts
- 1+ years' experienced with video story telling (shooting, narrating and editing)
- 1+ years' experience working as a digital media storyteller
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
- ms project
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.