- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Huntington Beach
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us. Come join a growing team harnessing emerging technology into innovative products and services. Boeing is at the forefront of re-imagining the future of the design, manufacture, and operation of aerospace platforms for commercial and government markets. The future is built here!
We are Boeing Research & Technology: Boeing's Global Research & Development team creating and implementing innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enabling the future of aerospace. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and bold innovators.
In pursuit of Boeing's research and business interests, the successful candidate will:
- Work on leading edge technologies across the enterprise to develop, document, analyze, and test operational, functional, and environmental requirements of developed research systems
- Provide high impact, creative solutions to complex technical problems
- Work both independently and as part of a large team
- Provide critical support and independent review of the work of teammates
Candidate shall show recent demonstrated ability in one or more of the following areas
- Advanced technology research & development
- Maturing developed technology into higher order products/capabilities
- Technology or product/capability development using agile development
- Engineering laboratory operations
- Large system assembly, integration & test, including requirements traceability culminating in requirements validation & verification
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience with the following technologies: C, C++, Fortran, Python, Matlab, etc.
- Experience with one or more of the following engineering programs: CFD, FEA, MSBE, MDAO, etc.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in engineering research and development
- Experience working in an Agile Development Environment
- Experience in laboratory operations
- Active US Security Clearance
Typical Education/Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace: Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.