- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us. @Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
Boeing Research and Technology (BR&T) is the advanced central research and development organization of The Boeing Company. We provide innovative technologies that enable the development of future aerospace solutions. The Systems, Support & Analytics Advanced Learning Team within BR&T is looking for a qualified highly motivated Human Factors researcher to work in a research and development (R&D) capacity developing Advanced Learning methods and technologies for internal and external customers.
The Human Factors Researcher will form part of a team developing innovative methods and technologies to shape the future of aerospace training. The successful applicant will design and conduct research to understand complex human performance issues and evaluate the viability of new processes and technologies for facilitating training. The Human Factors Researcher will also contribute to the success of Boeing business units through the identification and execution of human factors integration activities to meet operational requirements.
- Identify opportunities to improve training delivery through the application of evidence-based learning principles.
- Independently design and execute research to derive valuable insights into human performance.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge on the latest developments in relevant topics within the fields of human factors, psychology, and learning sciences.
- Acquire, assimilate, and report research findings.
- Support ongoing research collaborations with internal and external partners.
- Independently develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Manage project requirements
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Factors or Psychology with emphasis on Systems Engineering, Safety or Aviation is also acceptable
- 3+ years of experience in human factors engineering
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- PhD in psychology, human factors, human systems engineering or a related discipline
- Experience with the collection and interpretation various data sources including eye tracking or physiological/neurophysiological measurement
- Software development skills in languages such as C++, Python, and C#.
- Experience conducting research on human performance in immersive environments, such as virtual reality.
- Experience conducting human factors research in a commercial research and development environment.
Typical Education/Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace: Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- ms project
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.