- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Fort Lewis
The Boeing Company is seeking an Experienced Modification Project Technical Specialist in direct support of C-17 Globemaster III Integrated Sustainment Program within Boeing Global Services. In this position the Experienced Modification Project Technical Specialist will represent the organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Along with interacting with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations. In addition to that they will need to completely understand and apply job practices, techniques, standards, principles, and concepts. All general direction for work will be reviewed upon completion for adequacy and meeting with objectives. They will also participate in determining objectives of assignment; plans, schedules, and arrange your own activities to accomplish those objectives. Most importantly they will develop solutions to a variety of complex problems referring to established precedents and policies and exert some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives typically have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization. Must be able to pass Ground Operations Personnel (GOP) and air respirator medical physicals and maintain qualification/certification.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
- Must be willing and capable of travel both domestically and internationally 50% – with short notice and for extended periods, anywhere in the world and for potentially extended periods of time. (Must obtain and possess current passport)
- Must support a 24/7 on-call rotation environment
- Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime and occasional weekends when necessary
- 3+ years experience in live aircraft operations, environment and support, including pneumatic, hydraulic, structural, electrical, and propulsion systems operations
- 3+ years experience in reading, understanding, and interpreting basic engineering drawings and technical specifications
- 3+ years experience being able to detect hazardous working conditions and safety problems via a regular check of equipment and work area
- 3+ years experience in identifying resources, managing schedules, validating parts availability and determining impact to the schedule plan
- 3+ years in project development, planning, implementation, management, and technical support activities related to maintenance, modifications, and repairs per established customer, regulatory, and company requirements
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Minimum 5 years C-17 platform experience
- Ability to analyze baseline maintenance plan and develops a scheduled visit maintenance plan
- Ability to conduct maintenance debrief and records review and verify work performed and administers sell-off paperwork.
- Ability to maintain and/or create metrics
- Capable of implementing corrective action to prevent or preclude quality issue reoccurrence.
- Ability to perform a root cause analysis and resolves or elevates issue.
- Prefer individual that can enter a confined space with an entry opening of 10'X18”
- Ability to read, interprets and understand C-17 blueprints and USAF Technical Orders.
- Prefer multi-system operations, maintenance and repair experience including pneumatic, hydraulic, structural, electrical, and propulsion systems
- Experience with aircraft recovery operations a plus.
- Ability to formulates clear decision criteria; evaluates options by considering implications and consequences; chooses an effective option.
- Demonstrate the ability to guide others in gaining agreement from other project leads, managers, internal employees, and external customers to support ideas or take partnership-oriented action and use sound rationale to explain value of actions.
- Ability to establish good interpersonal relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions.
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
- ms project
- safety and security
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.