- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing IT Product Systems is looking for an Experienced Software Developer/Programmer Analyst based out of North Charleston, SC.
The team uses a continuous delivery model that utilizes Agile SAFe Software Development practices. Developers work as paired as well as individually and are dedicated to software development at least 6 hours per day. This requires developers to be able to constantly articulate their thought process, ideas, and to receive critical feedback. The goal is to ensure the highest quality code is produced.
- Develop software for Analysis and Simulation teams for Electromagnetic Effects portfolio
- Work on existing application and re-platform existing application to new applications
- Collaborate as part of an Agile team of software engineers/developers
- Interact with the business and User Experience team members to understand requirements,
- Participate in regular standups and planning meetings
- Implements, documents and maintains computing applications
- Writes and compiles code and constructs database objects based on documented design
- Modifies or upgrades applications to maintain software functionality
- Assists in gathering information to determine architecture specifications, parameters for software compatibility, application security needs and other application architecture requirements
- Work with product managers and UX designers to define application requirements
- Practice and teach development in a pairing model as well as work individually to complete high quality software
- Utilize, practice and teach test-driven development TDD
- Apply extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts to deliver projects
- Provide technical solutions and implementations to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity
- Experience with new concepts and technologies and a desire to learn
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Web, Windows based application development in C#, ASP.NET, MVC, REST API's, .NET, SQL Server
- A background in Computer Science or Technical Bachelor’s Degree and ability to develop great software
- Experience working in an Agile, SAFe, DTE software development lifecycle model
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience developing applications for implementation on cloud platforms using Azure, PCF
- Experience with developing software products in a cloud computing environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Outlook, and Access
- Candidate should have strong computing skills, excellent communication skills, be customer-oriented, positive, flexible, and a strong team player
Typical Education/Experience (management does not have this):
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.).
- Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
- Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.