- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19028504
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
We are looking for a new FI Market Management Lead for North America Liquidity Management Services based in New York. This role will work closely with NAM TTS initiatives including new client acquisition and deposit raising. The FI sector in North America accounts for deposits of over $80 billion. This role will be the primary contact point for all FI liquidity deals and will accordingly require client interaction and strong collaboration with the larger LMS product team to structure client solutions around existing product capabilities. This role will also be responsible for product strategy and discussions surrounding mass repricing efforts, including the expected FOMC cuts in 2019. This process will involve detailed P&L and deposit attrition analysis.
A successful FI Market Management lead will have strong relationships with all of the FI sales team client managers and a deep understanding of the liquidity products. This role will involve leading junior member(s) of the larger North America Market Management team and focusing their efforts around deals and initiatives.
- Leading FI liquidity deals from a product perspective and serving as the primary contact for all of the FI sales team.
- Managing and coordinating across a complex set of stakeholders including clients, sales, product managers, technology, operations, client service, marketing, risk, and controls.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Sales / Client Coverage teams to deliver thoughtful and competitive Liquidity and Cash Management solutions for the TTS client base and will lead the effort to raise LCR friendly deposits, execute on strategic LMS initiatives, and provide overall LMS expertise to the organization including pricing, product solutions and profitability.
- Meet with senior stakeholders in TTS franchise and FI sales team to optimize liquidity revenues and the client experience
- Lead targeting efforts to increase wallet and identify clients with opportunities to increase deposits
- Lead reviews of NAM factory FI deposits to ensure liquidity coverage ratio (LCR) value, balance stability, and net interest margin (NIM) are all in alignment with expectations
- Control FI deposit pricing and coordinate mass re-pricing efforts for Fed hikes/cuts
- Reclassification of internal accounts holding 3rd party funds for liquidity premium (LP)/Hedge
- Client targeting with banks/broker dealer coverage, clients with substantial credit lines, and clients that hold balances at the Fed
- Partner with Investment Banking and Sales to identify M&A related opportunities
- Lead quarterly FI deposit reviews for QBRs, finance, and balance growth meetings
- Leadership role in the largest sector of the TTS deposit base.
- Stakeholder exposure across many functions.
- Visible initiatives that impact the core of LMS product capabilities and impact both traditional and growth sector clients.
- Work in a dynamic team in a high paced environment which requires the ability to lead and manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
- Work within a team committed to personal and professional development
Knowledge and Experience:
- VP/SVP level in a Cash Management, Trade or Securities Business, in a commercial business and/or operational environment
- Strong track record of results delivery and execution
- Knowledge of Product Management disciplines, including the ability to undertake and lead a number of projects to drive commercial and financially responsible returns
- Knowledge of sales disciplines including the ability to interact with clients and respond to their needs
- Knowledge of the liquidity products and deposit revenue dynamics
- Some knowledge and experience of commercial business disciplines and operating models underpinning TTS products
- Some knowledge of Operations and/or Technology architecture and infrastructure/systems preferred but not required
- The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated, will display strong interpersonal skills and should be able to demonstrate the ability and the desire to problem solve effectively with creativity and within constraints.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient with MS Office Suite in particular proficiency with Excel (with proven ability to manage large sets of data), and proficiency with Power Point
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex ideas to senior stakeholders and clients
- Excellent management skills, including the ability to oversee and empower junior team members to drive initiatives and trust their own work product
- Ability to influence and coordinate multiple internal stakeholders around a common goal and strategy
- Original and innovative thinking
- Rigorous attention to detail and focus on execution with resilience and conviction on the delivery of agreed objectives.
- Ability to operate at different levels (e.g., research/analysis, thought-partnerships, presentations, interactions with Citi and 3rd parties).
- Strategic skills but mostly ability to conceptualize and execute on the business vision.
- Strong research skills coupled with an ability to quickly and accurately analyze information, draw conclusions and present data-driven findings in written and oral presentation formats.
- Very strong communication skills
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently as part of cross-functional and cross-regional teams.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Ability to manage and lead multiple priorities as well as with capacity to deal with reprioritization.
- Ability to handle situations which can be stressful - or at minimum challenging - retaining control to guide other parts of the organization and/or make clear recommendations to management.
- ms project