- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, is recruiting for a Facilitator.
Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
The Facilitator is responsible for managing plant personnel to maximize quality and outputs in a manufacturing operation in a safe work environment. The facilitator will also be accountable for aligning all respective departments to achieve business goals. They will supervise the daily operations of several manufacturing departments to ensure the implementation of the manufacturing strategic goals by maximizing productivity through the optimal use of equipment and personnel. This role has increased responsibility including, but not limited to, additional skills, multiple lines/products, diverse teams, etc.
• Planning and directing manufacturing and maintenance functions, supervising and developing individuals and teams to achieve expected performance standards and initiating changes for improved products and processes
• Develop and support initiatives to meet quality standards/customer requirements in manufacturing and improve in process quality/cycle time
• Communicates measures for accountability to associates and assisting associates in meeting job responsibilities. Apply associate involvement methods as needed to increase associate responsibility and ownership
• Direct and support processes to ensure production schedules are met. (Key metrics: Line Item Fill Rate (LIFR), schedule adherence and cycle time.)
• Interprets administrative policies for associates, reviews associate performance and makes decisions regarding personnel actions
• Ensure correct policies and guidelines are followed to maintain compliance with all regulatory and corporate policies (Health, Safety, and Environmental Standards, etc.).
• Support manufacturing in day to day troubleshooting situations and actively serve on IPT (Integrated Production Teams) as assigned
• Utilize Project Management skills while supporting LEAN and Six Sigma Initiatives and adhering to FDA quality and worldwide quality system and comply with all federal and state regulated programs
• BS degree or equivalent in engineering, business, other technical degree, or equivalent experience, skills, and training
• Experience in the operation of equipment in a manufacturing environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with a focus on outstanding leadership ability
• Self-motivated and capable of taking a lead position in completing duties in results-oriented work environment
• Basic or advanced computer and database management skills required
• Organizational skills to balance priorities with workload
• Possess understanding of equipment Preventative Maintenance programs and their administration and equipment calibration programs and their administration
• Fundamental understanding and ability to direct technical resources in machine shop operations
• Basic knowledge of industrial controls, including PLC’s and PC based operator interfaces
• Knowledge of equipment control software in Programmable Logic Controllers
• Statistical and analytical problem solving
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Georgia-Cornelia- Organization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)