- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Facilities Information Systems Manager
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of facilities systems, including planning, design, construction, and operations related data. The candidate will also have extensive experience with AutoCAD, GIS , and utility related information systems; SQL and geodatabase design, implementation, and maintenance, and techniques for WebGIS data collection, mapping, and analysis. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced, self-paced, collaborative, and demanding work environment.
Maintain and Update Current Facilities Information Systems
- Maintain accurate building plans utilizing AutoCAD and others systems. Develop information storage/retrieval methods that allow stakeholders to access accurate information quickly and easily.
- Update plans and space inventory database as building modifications are completed.
- Maintain accurate campus utility maps using AutoCAD and GIS
- Maintain accurate records on other pertinent facilities data including exterior lighting, medium voltage electrical systems, transformers, generators, storm water control devices, fire protection valves, etc..
- Maintain accurate information on the size of university owned property including roads, parking lots, sidewalks, building footprints, and landscaped areas.
- Manage the current utility locate process and make improvements to improve efficiency and information sharing.
- Work with project managers and other key facilities staff to develop proposed floor plan and other building related changes.
- Assist with the campus interior signage program by producing and printing requested signs.
Lead FIS development and innovation
- Develop, implement and administer GIS systems and key databases for the campus.
- Create, manage and maintain campus GIS and CAD for utilities, infrastructure, drawings, etc., including the develop of AutoCAD/GIS standards.
- Actively participate and provide input on development of new CMMS system for Facilities. Look for opportunities to link data from various system including space database, GIS and CMMS systems to improve operations efficiencies and information sharing.
- Serve as system administrator for FIS systems and work closely with ITS and other stakeholders to link shareable data and leverage enterprise systems.
- Continue to innovate as technology advances to maintain a start-of-the-art facilities information system.
3. Collaborate with stakeholders in Facilities Management, across the university, and in external groups
- Assist in outreach efforts with campus departments and external groups to determine shareable data; implement solutions for leveraging data collected and managed by other campus departments and outside groups.
- Lead the development and implementation of campus-wide building and spatial data, working with Facilities Management team members, campus stakeholders, and consultants
4. Ensure continued success of FIS initiatives
- Obtain, analyze, maintain and manage campus space inventory database information for all buildings including om numbers, size, type, use, assignment and other similar information.
- Establish and maintain appropriate sandbox, test, and production environments for key databases and systems
- Document, troubleshoot, and assist in training for FIS systems
5. Promote the University's commitment to customer service and sustainability by:
- Building effective partnerships throughout the University by sharing appropriate information and providing assistance.
- Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Help facilitate optimal resource utilization using data sharing and collaboration
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Systems or Engineering
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience including the use AutoCAD, GIS, and/or any equivalent combination of experience in an institutional environment
- 3 or more years of experience with facility information systems in a university or other large institutional setting
- Knowledge of integrated facilities space management software and service planning
- Proficiency in SQL server; SQL database maintenance and manipulation; and system administration
- Ability to translate data and information to understandable, non-technical language; willingness and clear understanding of the importance to communicate with all parts of the Facilities Management team and other stakeholder across and outside the university.
- Knowledge of emerging BIM systems and their practical application
- Proficiency in SQL database design
- Proficiency with desktop GIS (particularly ESRI's ArcGIS suite of software) and web based GIS data collection and utilization methods
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open ended):
To apply, visit https://furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Furman_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Facilities-Information-Systems-Manager_R000801-1
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to create a community of people representing a multiplicity of identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief, sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background, ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency