- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Miami Beach
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
AIG PC Global Services, Inc
Your future team
Miami has become a (re)insurance hub for Latin America. It hosts the regional headquarters of many (re)insurance carriers and brokers and its current capacity for the region rivals that of the Lloyd’s of London. Miami has also become a preferred destination for Latin American clients that go on roadshows given the language capabilities and cultural affinity with the region.
The AIG Facultative Desk, Latin America underwrites a diversified facultative reinsurance portfolio in Property, Energy & Construction, Casualty, Financial Lines, Marine, Surety, Political Violence, and Cyber White Label. Depending on our clients’ needs, the Desk can deploy capacity on behalf of AIG and Talbot Lloyds Syndicate 1183 to reinsurance brokers and insurance companies across Latin America.
The Facultative Property Underwriter will collaborate with Territory Managers and other underwriters to target and capture desirable accounts from the most appropriate entry point.
This position is based in Miami, FL and reports into the Regional Property Product Leader of LAC Facultative Desk.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your knowledge and expertise. As a key part of the team, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
You will be responsible for supporting the Regional Product Leader in the development and administration of the Commercial Property portfolio for the LAC Facultative Desk establishing strategies and objectives for the maintenance of the portfolio as well the underwriting of new business, making part of the regional budget, claims loss ratio and compliance of the internal policies for the healthy growth of the business line.
- The collaborator in this position will have administrative responsibilities for own written business and the team.
- Support the Product Leader in terms of reporting and administration of the portfolio.
- Develop a deep understanding of all pricing and administrative tools available and their usage for the development of the business under the company guidelines.
- The collaborator in this position Should have the ability to negotiate, analyze and propose a quote for Commercial Property Accounts
- Acceptance, rejection and modification of new or renewal business from our brokers and clients. Identifying and analyzing risk necessary to underwrite an account that is of the appetite of the company. Determining coverage, guidelines, potential loss and exclusions from the policies.
- Develops and implements pricing and negotiates coverage and prices with brokers consistent with the quality of the risk and company strategy.
- Develops and manages underwriting strategies for renewals and potential new accounts within the portfolio.
- Identify cross selling opportunities.
- Under general direction, underwrites assigned risks and handles small, medium and to a certain degree large accounts.
- Develop and implementation of negotiation strategies. Pursue of new business in the market and prospecting.
- Underwriting of Commercial and Industrial Property, including fire, catastrophic perils, machinery break down, terrorism.
What we are looking for
- College or university degree.
- Reinsurance courses or certifications are desirable.
- A minium of 3 years experience in the Property underwriting field
- Analytic capabilities to underwrite accounts and understand underwriting tool outputs.
- Commercial ability to work with cedents and reinsurance brokers which could provide target accounts to achieve our goals.
- Intermediate / Advanced Spanish language
- Reinsurance market knowledge including reading of CAT modelling results.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Resourceful and decisive with overall good reasoning ability and high degree of attention to detail.
- Coverage, terms, clauses and wordings understanding and analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and remotely (occasionally)
- Proactivity, agility and adaptation
- Ability to work under pressure and handle heavy workloads
- Efficient time
- Good customer skills
- Traveling as needed (10%) for business purpose
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.