- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
General Summary of Position:
The Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences at the University of Massachusetts Lowell is searching for part-time Adjunct Instructors to teach in its undergraduate and graduate Public Health programs. There are a variety of public health topics with potential teaching opportunities. Courses include: Introduction to Public Health, Introduction to Health Promotion, Social Determinants of Health, Infectious Disease, Mind, Body & Health, Program Management and Public Health Administration, Epidemiology and Leadership & Management. Candidates will become an integral part of the program, working in collaboration with lead instructors. Teaching opportunities will vary by semester, with opportunities beginning in the Fall 2020 semester.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- A minimum of a Master's Degree in Public Health, Health Promotion, Environmental Health, Health Care Administration, or a Master’s Degree in a related field with demonstrated relevant work in public health
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups Additional Considerations:
- Candidates with qualifications to teach in more than one area or program will be given priority
- Successful candidates should also have a strong desire to teach a diverse population of students, and previous teaching experience at the university/college level is highly desirable Special Instructions to Applicants:
*This will continue to be an ongoing posting to develop a pool of qualified adjunct faculty. Salary commensurate with experience.
This is a part-time, non-benefited position.
Please include the following documents with your application:
Required Applicant Documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process. Optional Applicant Documents:
- Teaching Philosophy
- Teaching Evaluations
- Evidence of Teaching
About the company