- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Field Applications Engineers help AMD drive a new era of computing into the datacenter by engaging with key customer engineering and leadership to demonstrate AMD technology differentiators addressing their business needs in real world usage scenarios. The FAE is responsible for managing all aspects of the technical engagement with their named customer(s), and is accountable to the Global Account Manager and/or Business Development Executive for those accounts, and to the field applications engineering manager/director. The ideal team member will also occasionally provide training to teammates and assist them with their own unique challenges.
This position places a special emphasis on platform and end user workload optimization. The FAE will cultivate a deep technical understanding of x86 server platform and processor SOC architecture, the Linux operating system, common cloud and MDC workloads, and performance profiling and monitoring utilities. The successful FAE will leverage the synthesis of this knowledge to understand application performance from the core to the node to the datacenter to guide the customer.
The Solutions Architect at AMD will:
- Articulate the benefits of AMD based technology offerings for the cloud service provider and MDC market verticals
- Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to systems engineers and application developers
- Partner with other AMD subject matter experts to solve specific customer challenges
- Lead technical design sessions; architect and document technical solutions that are aligned with end-user objectives
- Architect, install and test solutions in-house, as required, to ensure successful deployments and evaluations
- Design and manage the execution of evaluations to ensure a quality solution is delivered
- Provide technical assistance to sales for overall account strategy based on AMD datacenter solutions
- Capture a solid understanding of the competitive landscape and clearly articulate the technical differentiation and value proposition associated with AMD versus our competitors
- Other related duties as assigned
This opening is for a Field Applications Engineer (MTS or Senior MTS level) to support strategic Mega Data Center customers in the Seattle area. Established engineering relationships with MDC customers is a strong plus, as is a solid background in performance tuning and optimization.
This position requires an individual with excellent organizational and communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills with a good balance of hardware, system architecture and application software expertise. The successful candidate must demonstrate both the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. They must also demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities. The ability to cultivate strong internal (sales, marketing, engineering) and external (customer) relationships is required and the candidate must demonstrate a history of success in developing and maintaining such relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent (computer science or electrical engineering preferred)
- At least 8 years’ experience as a senior level engineer (or equivalent technical role)
- At least 5years in a customer facing role
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more market verticals including cloud computing / benchmarking, high performance computing, software defined storage and data analytics
- Proven understanding of the server software ecosystem in one or more areas including Linux, hypervisors (Linux-KVM and Xen), NGINX, Redis, Apache Web Server, existing cloud offering such as AWS EC2, GCP and Microsoft Azure, and profiling / performance optimization tools
- Hands on experience in the setup and configuration of server systems including software, networking and storage infrastructure
- Working knowledge of server hardware ecosystem at the node, rack and datacenter level
- Experience in application/workload profiling, tuning and performance assessment a plus
- Experience with UEFI /platform firmware also a plus
- Physical requiremen