- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- LAKE TAHOE, NEVADA UNITED STATES
Fandango- Engineer 3
Filmed Entertainment Group
Help us build the next generation of our platform using the latest web technologies and standards.
Web developer will be responsible for the on-going development, maintenance and administration of Fandango promotional web sites. Fandango Rewards in the process of transitioning their web applications from LAMP stack to Node.js / AWS environment which presents unique challenges and learning opportunities.
· Design, program, test, release and maintain Fandango Rewards corporate and promotional client web sites
· Prepare/maintain documentation associated with web sites and technical infrastructure.
· Troubleshooting and bug fixing production issues
· Participating in Agile ceremonies (Standups, Retros, Sprint Planning)
· Tracking your work in a Ticketing system
· Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
· 3-5 years delivering production code for backend services in an Agile Team
· Fundamental understanding of software engineering patterns and practices
· Advanced understanding of OOP and Data Structures
· Familiar with Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development
· Experienced with Cloud (AWS or similar) technologies
· Experienced with Git including workflows such as GitFlow and GitHubFlow or equivalent SCM tools
· Experience with a variety of data stores; SQL/RDBMS, NoSQL, BaaS, etc.
· Familiar with RESTful APIs, SOAs,or similar
· Familiar with software build, release, deployment and monitoring tools and practices
· Working knowledge of common networking, infrastructure, and technical security fundamentals
· Excited to succeed and help other engineers succeed
· Passionate about technology
· Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries
· Works well in a team and takes initiative
· Open to new approaches and new ideas
· Excited to hone your craft
· Takes initiative to solve issues
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.