- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Beverly Hills
Fandango- Software Architect
Filmed Entertainment Group
Fandango is looking for Software Architects at all levels. As a software architect working on our systems and services, you will work with a team of other software engineers to deliver projects and systems critical to Fandango’s business. We expect our software architects to be deeply technical, highly collaborative, versatile, and enthusiastic about taking on new problems across our businesses as we continue to build great experiences for fellow movie fans.
· Be a key contributor to the planning and implementation of scalable platform architectures.
· Collaborate with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate program requirements into technical solutions and system designs.
· Work across the entire product life cycle; concept, design, development, deployment, testing, release, and support.
· Provide technical guidance and coaching to engineers. This will require hands-on work developing prototypes, contributing code, and evaluating technologies.
· Analyze and improve the agility, stability, scalability, and performance of our platforms and products.
· Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices.
· Be a force multiplier to our software engineering teams, helping them to make good decisions, avoid (or at least learn from) bad ones and confidently make difficult trade-offs.
· Stay current on the latest web technologies and industry trends. Evangelize best practices within the engineering organization.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• 7+ years of proven professional experience as a software engineer and/or software architect
• Deep knowledge of fundamental software architecture concepts and methodologies with a commitment to quality
• Proven experience acting as a technical lead with ability to mentor and lead other software engineers
• Practical experience with mission-critical, high volume systems
• Strong working knowledge of common networking, infrastructure, and technical security principals
• Experience working in an agile/Scrum environment
• Experienced with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure or similar) technologies and cloud architectures
• A strong background in software build, release, deployment and monitoring tools and practices
• Experience with a variety of data stores; SQL/RDBMS, NoSQL, BaaS, etc.
• Experience with distributed systems design and architecture
• Experience with stream processing and event driven architectures
Deep understanding of application security, web applications, and modern techniques for building software
• Strong organizational and mentoring skills with experience in leading large projects
• Proven track record of translating technical objectives into engineering reality
• Experience dealing with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with API development, microservices, and/or service-oriented architectures
● Passionate about software development throughout the entire software life cycle from design and architecture through development, testing and delivery
● Excited to learn from, teach, mentor and grow the rest of the software engineering team
● Collaborative. Works well in a team. Excited to succeed and to help other engineers succeed
● Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries while you learn and leverage new technologies
● Open to new approaches and new ideas
● Can take initiative to independently solve issues
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.