- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition Number19-0217 Post Date11/7/2019 LocationDaymar College - Columbus TitleFederal Work Study - Student Assistant Part TimeYes CityColumbus StateOH Career InformationWe appreciate your interest in Daymar College's employment opportunities. At Daymar College, "We Change Lives One Person at a Time".
What to Expect with the Online Application Process:
Before you begin the online application process, be sure to:
•Allow up to 20 minutes to complete the online application.
•Have your e-mail address and an up-loadable version of your resume ready.
•Once you have up-loaded your resume, please complete a short questionnaire that will vary in length based upon the position.
Applications are accepted only for currently available job openings. Daymar College is a division of Hussian College Group. If you are a current Hussian College Group associate, please use the UltiPro system via the “My Company” tab so that the recruiting department recognizes you as an internal candidate.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. Employment with the Company does not constitute a contract for any specific period of time and any Associate is free to resign at any time with or without a reason, just as the company may end an Associate’s employment at any time with or without a reason. The Company will, in compliance with the ADA, and in response to our dedication to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities, accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.
DescriptionPLEASE NOTE, THIS POSITION IS FOR CURRENT DAYMAR COLLEGE STUDENTS ONLY.
The Federal Work Study Student Assistant will assist students by providing excellent direct student support, including positively impacting their academic success, enriching students’ college experience, lessening the burden of overwhelming tasks, and enhancing their ability to obtain careers upon completion of their program, all while demonstrating professionalism in the work place.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS (MRAs)
MRA 1 – Student Support
• Establish connections with enrolled students, especially with new and first-quarters by phone, emails, and in-person
• Assist with New Student Orientation, community events, student activities, and the Commencement Ceremony
• Distribute students required books, eBook instructions and/or supplies
• Help collect required documents (verification worksheets, tax returns, proof of graduation, etc.)
• Help students with technology access and logins (FAFSA, Student Portal, Email, Canvas, Career Platform, etc.)
• Support students with portal navigation (accepting schedule, locating 1098T, receiving final grades, etc.)
• Guide students in Career Platform career searches and placement tools
• Encourage student evolvement (awards ceremonies, student activities, club participation, etc.)
• Monitor the Learning Resource Center and assist students with checking in/out books & materials
• Distribute student schedules and manage the student acceptance log
• General Education and Program specific tutoring (See competencies requirements)
• Manage and process former student and graduate transcript requests
MRA 2 – Administration
• Operation of POS system
• Assist with inventory of merchandise
• Compile information as requested by department supervisors
• Reconcile various CampusVue student reports
• Photocopy, sort, and file student documents (Financial aid, Academics, and Career Services)
• Preparation of student certificates
• Create CampusVue activity entries
• Scan student records, name and save documents, upload into CampusVue
• Establish and maintain student files
• Assist with Maintaining bulletin boards, posters, and flyers
• Distribute mail on campus, prepare outgoing mail and packages
• Answer and screen telephone calls in the absence of the Dir. of First Impressions
• Transfer incoming telephone calls to appropriate associate, voicemail, or record applicable message
• Make phone calls on behalf of Academic, Financial Aid, and Career Services departments
• Conduct research using the Internet as requested
MRA 3- Off Campus Assistance
• Direct student support and assistance with off campus functions and activities
• Tutor adults in basic reading and computing skills
• Work with individuals or small groups
• Office responsibilities to include data entry, scanning, faxing, filing and mailing material
• Other duties assigned by Campus Director
Regulations – The FWS program has specific regulations that the institution must observe to remain compliant with the Department of Education; some activities cannot be participated in or performed by the Student Assistant.
Restrictions – Student Assistant Cannot:
• Participate in any admissions or recruiting activities such as provide information about programs offered at Daymar College
• Solicit, accept, or permit the soliciting of any fee, commission, contribution, or gift
• Participate in janitorial, construction, maintenance, purchasing, or public relations activities
The following job requirements represent minimum levels of education, experience, and competencies/abilities needed to perform this job successfully:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Current Daymar College student who is Federal Work Study Eligible
Cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher
Business office and or Customer Service experience preferred
COMPETENCIES - Incumbent must (be) able to:
• Motivate a diverse workforce within the College.
• Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer service to our students, associates, and community.
• Keep commitments, meet deadlines, and achieve demanding results.
• Organize and execute around multiple priorities.
• Communicate effectively, verbally and written.
• Speak effectively to large and small groups of people exhibiting excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Cooperate and collaborate as a member of a team.
• Demonstrate excellent listening skills.
• Use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports, and other data.
• Work days, some evenings and some Saturdays if/when required.
• Attend meetings and training events, which may include occasional travel.
• Exhibit strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Exhibit strong attention to detail skills.
• Exhibit strong training and facilitation skills.
• *Program specific 3.5 GPA needed for any tutoring with 90% attendance in program specific courses
• Embrace and demonstrate on an ongoing basis the Daymar College core values of Continuous Improvement, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork, and Having Fun.
• Promote positive associate relations at the College and treat all students, associates, vendors, and visitors with dignity and respect.
Physical Requirements – This job requires normal physical mobility, including the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Also, normal hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and lift up to 40 pounds.
Mental Requirements – This job requires the ability to read, recall, write, and understand information. This job also requires the ability to work under moderate pressure and to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
Environment – This job is normally performed in a clean, well-lighted, heated and cooled office area/classroom.
Note – The purpose of this job description is to document the Major Responsibility Areas (MRAs) and key duties normally required of this position. This job description in no way states or implies these are the only responsibilities or duties to be performed by incumbents. Associates are expected to follow all job related instructions and perform any other duties assigned by their supervisor(s).
Daymar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age. Employment with Daymar does not constitute a contract for any specific period of time and any associate is free to resign at any time, with or without a reason, just as Daymar may end an associate’s employment at any time, with or without a reason. Daymar will, in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.