- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:Job Summary
The Customer Support Specialist position is a key role in the service organization, providing both on-site and phone technical problem resolution for Abbott Diagnostics customers. In addition to technical problem resolution, the incumbent is responsible for developing customer relationships and building customer loyalty.
Key Success Factors
- Demonstrated ability to manage resolution of complex technical customer issues.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and coordinate assigned field repairs in a timely manner.
- Ability to integrate, engage and collaborate within cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to balance between technical skills and customer interfacing skills.
- Position Impact to Business
- Partnering with the sales team provides opportunities to maximize service upgrade opportunities. Effective time management by the incumbent helps minimize potential customer downtime increasing customer satisfaction with our solution. Also, cost of service management including spare part inventory management and resolution through First-Time or Same Day Services impact customer satisfaction and our ability to renew existing contracts.
- Entry level requirement include a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, life sciences or related technical discipline. Ideally with intern experience in their field of study.
- Roles beyond entry level require a Bachelor degree in engineering, life sciences, or related technical discipline or equivalent work experience and minimum 2 years’ experience with troubleshooting and instrument repair and maintenance.
JOB FAMILY:Customer Service
LOCATION:United States of America : Remote
TRAVEL:Yes, 50 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment, Lift, carry, push or pull weights of more than 20 pounds/9 kilos on a regular/daily basis
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.